Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi (16.1 Jarvis) won't open on Mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings all,

Sorry for asking this, but I just can't find what I'm looking for...

I have had Kodi/XBMC installed and fully functional on my Mac Mini on two previous occasions but eventually deleted it both times. So I thought I'd have another shot, and downloaded 16.1 Jarvis through the official Kodi site. However it's not opening up properly on my machine.

It comes up with a window asking if I want to allow Kodi to accept incoming (I think) connections, to which I click 'allow', and then comes up with a 'Help' window, which I can't move my mouse pointer to, but if I press 'enter' twice the window disappears. But then the screen sits there with a coloured background (one of the stock Kodi skins IIRC), but no menu for photos, videos, settings etc. And that's it, it just sits there. I can quit the app and that's it.

As per the Wiki instructions I've tried looking for the user data folder on my Mac but it doesn't contain a Kodi/XBMC folder. Is there anywhere else I should be looking to completely rid my machine of Kodi before doing a fresh install? I'm asking this just in case the latest install I'm doing is remembering settings from having it previously installed.

I've tried re-downloading and reinstalling but to no avail, and that includes trashing the downloaded file, the icon in 'Applications', as well as emptying the trash after doing both of those things.

Thanks for any advice.

Machine is Mac Mini 2012 i5, 16Gb RAM
The kodi folder is in your user library.
Code:
~/Library/Application Support/