Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video Splash Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I'm looking to have a short video splash screen when Kodi loads. A previous version allowed athe user to select playlist on startup but this feature is no longer available in Aeon Nox. Anyone suggest a script command that might work?

Thanks in anticipation...
Aeon Nox SiLVO has an animated splash screen built in. It can be toggled on/off and by editing a config file you can point it to a different animation if you prefer.
(2016-09-19, 00:40)whysoserious Wrote: [ -> ]Aeon Nox SiLVO has an animated splash screen built in. It can be toggled on/off and by editing a config file you can point it to a different animation if you prefer.

I have just 'upgraded' to the Silvo skin and am really impressed how it now looks. The Partymode addon doesn't work 100% smoothly as it flicks to Kodi main screen before it plays despite the delay setting being set to 0 seconds.

Instead I have been trying to change the Kodi Splash Video which is named 'intro' in the C:\Users\HuhAppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\extras folder with a different mp4 video of my choosing. It starts up okay, but I only get about 5 seconds of the video as opposed to 36 seconds which is the length of my splash video.

Is there a way I can modify the script in order I can delay startup? if so can someone advise which script/part of the code I need to modify.

Thanks in anticipation.
Not 100% sure why it wouldn't work correctly, probably has to do with the extra code in my startup.xml...

If you want to use the built-in intro with a replacement video of your choice then you need adjust the Focus fade animation time to something higher.

In startup.xml look for:
Code:
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="16000">Focus</animation>
and change the time="16000" to whatever works best with the video length Wink
(2016-09-26, 18:44)mikeSiLVO Wrote: [ -> ]Not 100% sure why it wouldn't work correctly, probably has to do with the extra code in my startup.xml...

If you want to use the built-in intro with a replacement video of your choice then you need adjust the Focus fade animation time to something higher.

In startup.xml look for:
Code:
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="16000">Focus</animation>
and change the time="16000" to whatever works best with the video length Wink

Perfect! I changed the value to 50000 and now works a treat. Thanks Mike, much appreciated. Big Grin
mikeSiLVO how can I put a splash video in my own addon? Can you help me Im pretty new in this. thanks in advance.
If you read the thread it will tell you all the steps you need to accomplish what you want.

If you are looking for step by step instructions then IMHO you came to the wrong forum.

You must, in the slightest, devote some time learning or at the very least do not ask others to do the work for you by providing step by step instructions...

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

If you need some sci-fi motivation...

"Do, or do not. There is no try"
Quote:If you need some sci-fi motivation...

"Do, or do not. There is no try"

Who said that?
What!?!?!?

Yoda, man. Yoda.

The greatest teacher in all of sci-fi!
NodCoolAngelRoflTongue

ah, star wars. Sorry, I am in the Star Trek camp.
(2017-09-02, 05:28)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]ah, star wars. Sorry, I am in the Star Trek camp.

I also love Star Trek. Room for both my friend Big Grin

Room in your heart for both Smile