Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Subtitles can not be enabled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Sometime in beta process I realized that subtitles can not be enabled anymore. Although I check the option at "audio & subtitle settings" and then I press "set as default for all media", when I quit kodi and then started again no subtitles are enabled (at list the embedded subs). I never had that kind of problem in the past. Note that "enable subtitles" return to off when I restart kodi. This happens both on macos & linux (libreelec).

Any help on that it would be great.
Really? It's just me? Very strange.
Moved to support
This happens with the embedded subtitles only. Ιf I turn on the subtitles manually, subtitles are displayed.
Could you please post a detailed description/steps how to reproduce. Most important are the settings under the audio section (preferred language) and a debug log (wiki)
1) I start the mkv video file that contains video, audio and subtitles.
2) I choose "audio & subtitle settings"
3) I turn on the "Enable Subtitles" switch
4) I select "set as default for all media" and I confirm that

I had no problem with that in every version before Krypton using the same mkv files. The subtitles language I use it is not English and I also set "Character set"

Logs: http://pastebin.com/RMDzSzE6
Any comment on that?
I have the same problem on Kodi 17 Beta 4. it seems the "set as default for all media" is not saved. (nvidia shield Android)
I just realized that if I set gui language same with the subtitles language then the embedded subtitles activated normally. If I set any other gui language that is different from the subtitles language nothing happens and I have to activate the subs manually. It just not makes sense.
Same issue here on Kodi 17.0-BETA6 Git:d2f6874.
They changed something in the code on how the language of the subtitles are defined.
You can find more in my thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=295037 (See link to github for details)
Sadly there is still no reaction, probably because this is how they are handling the language of the subtitles now.