Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Manage Drive to Drive Backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I should note that I run an android box and I leave it on 24/7. Would it be possible to enable Kodi manage the backup of one set of directories on a drive in the attached network to another drive in the ome network. I haven't seen any drive to drive backup utilities that would allow one to automate the backup of stored content. eg. photographs. It seems that it could be a very useful Kodi feature that would prevent data loss.

If I've missed an existing solution to the backup issue, please let me know.
No, kodi is not a backup tool. I am sure android must have some backup tools though?
Thanks for the reply, Nickr. Unfortunately; I've looked all over and found nothing. Seems that the android software is almost soley targeted at phones and not at an android box on a network. Sounds like there is a niche here for someone.
Most of those will still work. You might just need to use a mouse for the initial setup.
Thank you, Ned. I'll have to look at some of them again. I need to focus on those that don't limit the type of data one can back up to that only found on phones.