Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New to Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all I am new to this.
Purchased a KIII box android with kodi 16.1

This is all very confusing. I am just looking to watch movies/ live tv or recorded shows.

Can anyone give me some helpful beginner advice to hopefully make life easier?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks all
Read through the two threads linked below in my signature first!! Then, ask for help when you can't find a pre-existing thread covering the topic. You will find a lot of useful information when searching through this forum. Cheers!
Thanks for the reply!
My current problem is I don't even know what I'm searching for.
The add-ons that came installed don't seem to be helpful or working when I try to search/play a movie or tv show.

When I bought this device online it said it comes with kodi 16.1.
If your box came pre installed with media sources then I'm afraid you've been conned into buying a "fully loaded" box which we do not support here as they violate our forum rules (wiki) on piracy and banned add-ons (wiki), not to mention varies legal and trademark items and generally drag the good name of Kodi through the mud.

Read this blog for more info, and then if strongly urge you to take it back and get a refund. Such boxes that offer shows, channels and movies for free that you would normally need to pay to get are to good too be true - the catch is the sources they use are pirated, illegal and short lived. As with anything in life you get what you pay for...