Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Project Fluid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just thought that I would keep the community up to date with what happened with the "Let's make a difference to XBMC" thread.

We got a lot of response from people...from coders, from designers, from testers, and from people who (by thier own admittance) do not have much experience in the field of skinning.

Out of this bunch of happy people we have formed a team, who will be principally working on "Project Fluid". It's going to be exciting to see something come out of this...when, I dont know...but something will come out of it.

As the interim Project Manager for the Fluid, I will make every effort to keep you updated as we go along. I would ask that you refrain from making the "Can we see some screenshots", or "When can we get a beta on this" comments. We have deliberately kept this project out of public view, out of respect to the people who run this forum. XBMC forums are already full of mockups and skins that never got started or finished...and I dont want to contribute to that number.

Suffice it to say that a beta will be out when a beta is ready...no sooner, no later. But we will make sure that it is running and ready to be shown as soon as it is!

It IS exciting to see this take off in the way that it has, and I'm sure good things are going to come out of the project.

I'll keep you updated as we go.

Thanks for your patience and your understanding.

Mike
Can we see some screenshots? Wink

Well done for getting this off the ground, I'm really interested in seeing the skin that comes out of this project?
When is a beta coming out?
Doh!
Suffice it to say that a beta will be out when a beta is ready...no sooner, no later. Smile
cant w8
How about team "project of the month" or something?

Rather than having a team dedicated to a project that doesn't yet exist, how about picking a project that DOES exist (and is proving to be popular amongst the community), getting the creator's authorization, then banding together to make that project reach its full potential in the shortest amount of time possible...

At the moment, Xephyr could be that project.

If not Xephyr, try ProjectTongueandora - a fantastically well received mockup that hasn't shown any signs of life in at least 2 months. You're all familiar with it, right? Wink

NS
Wir3d Wrote:Suffice it to say that a beta will be out when a beta is ready...no sooner, no later. Smile

All I can say is THANK YOU! Dont give predictions, teasers, nothing. Then if for some unforeseen reason it stops there is nothing for anybody to "where can I get this (picture of teaser)" or "You said it would be out by..." those are so time consuming to look through you have no idea. It is what it is... a project. Im grateful for the work and look forward to seeing the results.
dxg836 Wrote:Can we see some screenshots? Wink

Well done for getting this off the ground, I'm really interested in seeing the skin that comes out of this project?

Screenshots No
dxg836. I'm in a good mood so decided I'd give you a peek. Havent checked with mike yet but he should be cool with it. Currently we have only added support for 720p. I will keep you guys updated as progress happens. We are having a meeting later today to discuss the addition of a background colour. Seems like alot of work to me though.

Progress Screenshot

Nick (project fluid screenshot coordinator)
Nick...I think you've pretty much hit the nail on the head there mate. It's taken a long time to get to this point, but I think we're there now

Smile

Seriously though folks...for the exact reasons that HR mentioned, the first you know about it is when we have a working beta and need you to test it...simple as that
Nick8888 Wrote:dxg836. I'm in a good mood so decided I'd give you a peek. Havent checked with mike yet but he should be cool with it. Currently we have only added support for 720p. I will keep you guys updated as progress happens. We are having a meeting later today to discuss the addition of a background colour. Seems like alot of work to me though.

Progress Screenshot

Nick (project fluid screenshot coordinator)

Holy crap! I feel like i've been sleeping on the job, I had no idea you guys made so much progress over the weekend.
oh yeah....we got a font colour sorted, a backgrond colour sorted and...

....well thats about it Wink
Quote:how about picking a project that DOES exist (and is proving to be popular amongst the community), getting the creator's authorization, then banding together to make that project reach its full potential in the shortest amount of time possible...

Isn't that exactly what's happening here?? Fluid was first conceived by TheDevil and is now being turned into something totally great...!

Can't wait to see what this project will spawn Nod
Nick8888 Wrote:Progress Screenshot
Can I have the option of turning off the date? Other than that, it looks great. Wink
Pages: 1 2