Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Improve album artwork scrapers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I use the Universal Scapers which generally yield good results. But when I comes to cover fetching, the album scraper does not find a cover for about the half or more of my albums. The albums are named accuratly.

Are there tricks to improve the results?

I've read somewhere, that sometimes the serves are overloaded and that's why they return no result. Is there a way to scan again to notfound covers?

Best Thanks!
Moving to Music Support as about music library and album artwork
Try changing the musicbrainz mirror in the universal scraper to another one.

I suggest:

http://musicbrainz.fin-alice.de:5000/

You can also try theaudiodb scraper, that does not require musicbrainz for album cover matching.
Hey,

thanks for your reply!

How do I change the URL the universal scraper uses for music brainz?

I also tried to change to the audiodb scraper (both album and artist) and rescan. But it does not seem it really looks for missing covers, the rescan of 33000 songs library just took around 20 seconds.
Under scraper settings.

Rescanning will only attempt to fetch data if it thinks the music files have changed since they were last scraped, it does not notice that the scraper setting has changed Sad
Sorry, I do not find anything like scraper settings in the Music Settings -> Library. There is just a selection of album and artist standard scraper. No context menu either. Settings level is expert.

In http://kodi.wiki/view/advancedsettings.xml I neither find mentions of scraper or musicbrainz
Sorry for being to flip with my previous reply.
Quote:How do I change the URL the universal scraper uses for music brainz?
The Universal Scraper is an addon, so the settings for the scraper can be found there.
That is System > Settings > Addons > MyAddons >Information Providers > Artist Information > Universal Scraper then Configure button. Once in Universal Scraper settings use MB Mirror button.

There may be a quicker way to this, I have to admit even I find navigating addons difficult (I forget where things are and flail around every time until I stumble onto it).

Edit: Ah quicker way is from artists or albums nodes context menu offers "Change Information Provider", click on the Settings button at the bottom of the "Set Content" dialog.
Hey,

thanks, found it now. It's really a bit hidden.

But turned out to be only moderately successfull. I also enabled to get covers from allmusic.com, which was disabled by default.

There is also "Load all album infos" in the context menu of the album view. I tried that, various times, but still a lot of album infos are missing, even well knows (like Bob Dylan's Tempest).

Right now I use the album art downloader from quod libet on my desktop and save them as cover.jpg in the album's folder. It uses amazon and find almost all covers.

Any more ideas how to improve album scanning?
(2016-10-16, 12:00)Horus107 Wrote: [ -> ]There is also "Load all album infos" in the context menu of the album view. I tried that, various times, but still a lot of album infos are missing, even well knows (like Bob Dylan's Tempest).
Chances are the missing art is still timeout of online sources, so retries should pick up the art eventually (if it is in the online database and is correctly identified). But here is a bug in Jarvis that means that "Query Info for All" only does something after power-up or update library has run. Hence do update library too - this will just scan the hash table and do nothing if the music files have not changed so should be quick, but it also resets a variable that allows the next "Query Info for All" to actually try querying.