Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-03-21, 19:06)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-21, 15:05)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-21, 02:12)gacama Wrote: [ -> ]Black screen every minute when set 4k output is not a major issue?

Same issue here, but if you change the resolution to 1080p then you have no issue, I have submitted the issue in their forum but it looks like some employees members always come and say it works for them, this is very annoying
I stand corrected. So, 4K playback isn't the issue (what I was really driving at), just having the UI at 4K is. Agree Zidoo should fix this, but not sure it's a 'major' issue as 4K video playback itself is mostly solid.

If the resolution is set to 1080p and you are playing a 4K file, the TV information still indicate a 1080p playback, that is an issue that Zidoo need to fix.
Okay, that is a major issue then. I recall when testing early on with my 4K TV (non-HDR, 8-bit Vizio), I had the UI/rez set to 4K and tested many 4K clips and didn't experience black screen. I'm surprised why playing a 4K video while rez is 1080p shows video in 1080p... would expect it to be 4K. The UI/rez should not impact actual video playback in the right resolution. Too bad I can't test as I'm starting to pack for a move to another part of the country.
Only Android device I know of that Resolution Switches 1080p > 2160p > Stop Video > 1080p - when using Apps - automatically is the FireTV2.

Resolution switching is an Android OS limitation. (not to be confused with refresh switching)
(2017-03-21, 01:46)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Are you guys serious?! I use my X9S w/o any major issues... if you're getting this player for what it's best suited for, namely 3D MVC, HD, and 4K for the most part, it delivers! Netflix, Amazon, games, other stuff, look to nVidia Shield TV instead.

Full agree. I have 2 Zidoo X8 connected to 2 different 4k Tvs (one is 3D) and they work flawlessly.
There is still something to be corrected (as the auto res.) but this is a minor problem for me.
(2017-03-21, 02:12)gacama Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-21, 01:46)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Are you guys serious?! I use my X9S w/o any major issues... if you're getting this player for what it's best suited for, namely 3D MVC, HD, and 4K for the most part, it delivers! Netflix, Amazon, games, other stuff, look to nVidia Shield TV instead.
Black screen every minute when set 4k output is not a major issue?
Enviado desde mi Z2 Plus mediante Tapatalk

For black screen problem put the deep color to "off" and no more issue. And colors are ok.
I play everything from 3D iso to 2d mkv or bluray, never had a stutter. I enabled both fps 23,976 and 29,78.
Well, here are the videos:

first of them, the black screen issue

I know setting space color to off, solve this, but why in a hdmi 2.0 have to set space color to offHuhHuhHuh

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByTiwh...nY0Rmt6Znc

The another one shows the micro stutters, it´s so difficult to see it good in a mobile record sorry for the quality, in 2:10 begings, there are micro stutter for 5 seconds

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByTiwhm...sp=sharing

I´m pretty sure that the mkvs are fine, mede8er plays it smoot, xbox one s plays it smooth, kodi on my android tv plays it smooth and sony player (android tv) plays it smoot

I´ve tried some hdmi cables, and all settings combinations that can imagine, but nothing changes, my zidoo x8 stutters, return it, order an x9s and stutters, as I said, is possible I´m having a hardware incompatibility, but I really think that ziddo must take an eye on this, its not normal to have this issues with a sony 2016 tv set.

I´m bored with android, I´ll return the x9s and order a PCH A500 or a Dune solo 4k, I think they are best option today to play hevc with te most pq and no issues
(2017-03-22, 01:48)gacama Wrote: [ -> ]Well, here are the videos:

I know setting space color to off, solve this, but why in a hdmi 2.0 have to set space color to offHuhHuhHuh

The another one shows the micro stutters, it´s so difficult to see it good in a mobile record sorry for the quality, in 2:10 begings, there are micro stutter for 5 seconds

I´m pretty sure that the mkvs are fine, mede8er plays it smoot, xbox one s plays it smooth, kodi on my android tv plays it smooth and sony player (android tv) plays it smoot

I´ve tried some hdmi cables, and all settings combinations that can imagine, but nothing changes, my zidoo x8 stutters, return it, order an x9s and stutters, as I said, is possible I´m having a hardware incompatibility, but I really think that ziddo must take an eye on this, its not normal to have this issues with a sony 2016 tv set.

I´m bored with android, I´ll return the x9s and order a PCH A500 or a Dune solo 4k, I think they are best option today to play hevc with te most pq and no issues
I don't think none of the players can handle HDR

For stutter issue, have you tried uncheck framerate enhancement or double/triple framerate features in your TV? It's the feature that makes your video plays real smooth. it's called differently in each brand.
(2017-03-21, 19:55)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Only Android device I know of that Resolution Switches 1080p > 2160p > Stop Video > 1080p - when using Apps - automatically is the FireTV2.
Resolution switching is an Android OS limitation. (not to be confused with refresh switching)

This is what @Koying said a while back:
koying Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, as of Android M, the api is there. Amazon has backported it to their FireOS and @MrMC confirmed it's working on AFTV4K (I tested it between 720p and 1080p on AFTV1, for fun).
Unfortunately, it's borked in Shield firmware, so not working.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2376599
(2017-03-22, 03:07)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't think none of the players can handle HDR
I know, but I don't care about hdr today, there are no content hdr, only original bd uhd, Amazon and Netflix, but I want hevc and the better pq, in the zidoo pq not bad, but not the better

Enviado desde mi Z2 Plus mediante Tapatalk
@spawn_lmg: Thanks for the videos. I'm interested in this device, but I'd like to know if the X10 display is able to print letters and symbols. I've asked this to mirror88 but I have had no answer yet.
Has anyone else had resolution and 3D issues with the latest beta firmware 1.3.0 on the X9S? My resolution options are limited to 1080p (had 4K available on 1.2.11). Also 3D auto switching no longer works; when manually enabling 3D mode I'm presented with a "This TV doesn't support 3D" message (or something similar). Downgrading back to 1.2.11 fixes the problem.

I am running the Zidoo through a Denon amp which does support 3D and 4K pass-through.