Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-10-04, 01:46)boblo Wrote: [ -> ]@hdmkv: I think you're american. Please let me know if I'm wrong with the above.
Doesn't matter if it's American or British English, as long as wording is proper, w/o typos and grammatical errors. Especially as X9S is also being marketed to Western users, not just China.
How about auto subtitle add on. Is this achievable? Since it is using external player

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-10-03, 21:47)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Test results of the 4K/23.976 end credits clip:
  • Q10 Pro w/native player, using 1080p display, no frame slips
  • Q10 Pro w/native player, using 4K display, no frame slips
  • X9S w/native player, using 1080p display, several slips. Restarted and no slips. Played a 3rd time to make sure, and no slips. Initial one may have been a fluke, maybe a NAS or network issue. Don't know
  • X9S w/native player, using 4K display, no frame slips (which leads me to think above was a fluke)
Thanks for testing. Good to know that you didn't notice any frame drop. Don't know about the Q10, but the X9S, Shield etc. will produce a frame drop only once every 27 min. or so (theoretically).
(2016-10-04, 01:46)boblo Wrote: [ -> ]Also you forgot to set capital letters on main submenu ("Exchange Eyeview, "3D Subtitle Line Spacing, 3D Subtitle Depth" and so on.) Do the same with all menus and submenus.

Android human interface guideline as it applies to Material design advises against using title case. It recommends the standard sentence case.
Hello guys. I'm intrigued by this unit, but have a few basic questions to ask:
  • Does HDMI-CEC work without using add-ons, like a Pulse8 adapter?
  • Widevine/Playready wasn't mentioned, so I assume there's no High Definition 1080p/4k Netflix here?
  • Is there native support for Google Cast?

And finally,
  • I know that this might not be the best place to discuss OpenWRT, but is this router OS embedded into the Android OS, or is it ran within a VM?
OpenWRT on the Zidoo X9S

Would be nice to know, as there's an active OpenWRT community that might take notice of this hybrid device and provide us with better modules.

Thanks!
How about auto subtitle?
Does zdmc supports subtitle auto download client? Like subscene.
Since zdmc used external player, i wonder if subtitle client will work.
(2016-10-04, 06:53)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-04, 01:46)boblo Wrote: [ -> ]Also you forgot to set capital letters on main submenu ("Exchange Eyeview, "3D Subtitle Line Spacing, 3D Subtitle Depth" and so on.) Do the same with all menus and submenus.

Android human interface guideline as it applies to Material design advises against using title case. It recommends the standard sentence case.
I didn't know. It's a bit strange because, AFAIK, the most important operating systems use title case (Windows, Mac OS, Linux...)

@mirror88:
Then revert changes made on main menu and do not change current submenu ("Exchange eyeview"...):
"Play Mode" -> "Play mode"
"Aspect Ratio" -> "Aspect ratio"

Thank you and I apologize for any inconvenience Rolleyes
(2016-10-04, 06:49)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for testing. Good to know that you didn't notice any frame drop. Don't know about the Q10, but the X9S, Shield etc. will produce a frame drop only once every 27 min. or so (theoretically).
Yep, as that BvsS credits clip is just shy of 8 minutes, actual movie viewing is probably a better test. We need more users testing this box Smile; @looun should have his X9S within 1-2 weeks.

(2016-10-04, 08:16)badbadbad Wrote: [ -> ]
  • Does HDMI-CEC work without using add-ons, like a Pulse8 adapter?
  • Widevine/Playready wasn't mentioned, so I assume there's no High Definition 1080p/4k Netflix here?
  • Is there native support for Google Cast?
1. There is a whole CEC section in settings (see this), but I've never used CEC, so don't know if it works
2. No HD/4K Netflix
3. Don't think so, but @mirror88 can reply to this

@mirror88, as X9S' remote has no 'Stop' button, I'm wondering if there's still a functionality in the remote code to add 'Stop'? Something similar to this @looun did for HiMedia.
Thank you hdmkv!

Now I'm really wondering if the OpenWRT modules need to be modified/programmed into the Android OS first, or if they are the same native OpenWRT modules ran in a Virtual Machine. Would be nice to unlock the maximum bandwidth speeds, and have a separate file-server management among other things.
(2016-10-04, 14:39)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]as X9S' remote has no 'Stop' button,

you can define a 'Stop' button in shortcut key application
Is there any sort of user manual for theX9S would be useful.
Post #1 Wink; I'll keep adding to it. And users' tips/tricks. Seriously though, there is a quick guide (leaflet) included, but really only covers a/v connections. But, this is true of most media box manuals these days. It's really hard to cover everything (box settings, ZDMC settings, HDMI in/recording, etc.), and f/w updates change things.
(2016-10-04, 13:22)boblo Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't know. It's a bit strange because, AFAIK, the most important operating systems use title case (Windows, Mac OS, Linux...)
It is just a guideline, vendors are free to follow their own style.
(2016-10-04, 14:39)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, as that BvsS credits clip is just shy of 8 minutes, actual movie viewing is probably a better test. We need more users testing this box Smile; @looun should have his X9S within 1-2 weeks.
Deviations that are greater than 23.976±0.002 will usually show up within 8 min.
@wesk05: You're right, but if Google create these guidelines there must be a reason (clarity, perhaps). Now I've changed my mind and I think it would be better to follow these rules, more than anything because all of other messages translated by the Zidoo team will follow these guidelines. It's a matter of consistency.

@mirror88: Did you read my previous post?
(2016-10-04, 13:22)boblo Wrote: [ -> ]Then revert changes made on main menu and do not change current submenu ("Exchange eyeview"...):
"Play Mode" -> "Play mode"
"Aspect Ratio" -> "Aspect ratio"

Thank you and I apologize for any inconvenience Rolleyes