Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-01-26, 14:34)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]Pitty hdmkv gives up support here, on settings and stuff
Huh? I posted my settings one page back. I just got a BenQ HT2550 4K + 3D PJ, so will be spending the weekend testing w/X9S & Shield. May need to update settings for it vs. my present Epson 5040UB. Which display you have & how it behaves w/player settings needs to vary from what I'm seeing.
Hello hdmkv,

You are an expert about the PQ as wesk05 and other people on this forum.
You say you're happy with the image quality of the Zidoo, but banding does not bother you when you watch a movie UHD HDR ?

Thanks in advance
@hdmkv sorry missed that. Thx ill look into it
But now wesk05 and all you guys talking about full and limited and ybcrr etc etc
Im lost

Anyone know how i should set it for lg oled 55c7v?
I see all different settings
Maybe settings needs more explanation
Full or limited or auto
Thrn ybcr which one?
Very uard for someone who doesnt know anything about that but wants the best picture on oled 4K tv Smile
(2018-01-25, 21:01)OlivierQC Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

Are there any people who have banding problems with UHD HDR videos and FW 1.5.0 ?
Some people complain about banding.

A person gives an example with the movie UHD HDR ISO/BMDV "The Martian" with the sky of the planet Mars at the beginning of the movie (at 2mn00 on the right side and 2 mn 08 on the left side)
In my case with my settings and my equipment I do not notice banding.

Zidoo X10 FW1.5.0
Sony x930c
Onkyo 656

Resolution AUTO
Deep color AUTO
Color space AUTO
Hdmi range : limited

thanks in advance
OlivierQC
 Hi all,

Could anyone check if there is banding with the ISO / BDMV UHD HDR
  It would be kind of you  Blush
Hi all,

For those who need the Home Theater 2.0 apk and the latest version of the Zidoo player, here are the links

Zidoo_poster.apk (10.69 MB)
http://uptobox.com/vvzv7jelkzkr

Zidoo_videoplay.apk (31.72 MB)
http://uptobox.com/052f1wl2espz

I installed Zidoo_poster (Home Theater V2.0) on my X9S with fw 1.5.0 and it works

see you
Hi @OlivierQC, is there a changelog for the new native video player?
(2018-01-27, 13:27)OlivierQC Wrote: [ -> ]Could anyone check if there is banding with the ISO / BDMV UHD HDR
  It would be kind of you  Blush 
I will check this and the other movie that has been mentioned on Zidoo forum. It will likely be tomorrow.

(2018-01-27, 01:57)OlivierQC Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,
@wesk05,

if I understand your answer, my choice is good when I select limited instead of auto in the option HDMI range ?
thanks in advance
for information :
my receiver indicates 8bit when I use 4.2.2 with the zidoo or Egreat,
the best result (for me) are with ycbcr 4.4.4 with deep color AUTO and since the Fw 1.4.12 the signal is in 12Bit.
a few people complain about banding, but I do not see it on my screen and I know what it's look like, I saw a lot with the Egreat.
see you
Yes, YCbCr Limited is the best option for you. You can disregard the 8-bit 4:2:2 on your AVR display. AVRs and most other devices that are not HDMI analyzers simply read the color bit depth from the CD bit in the HDMI InfoFrame. YCbCr 4:2:2 by specification doesn't use the CD bit, that's why you are seeing 8-bit on your AVR display.
(2018-01-27, 11:22)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]I see all different settings
Full or limited or auto
Thrn ybcr which one?
Very uard for someone who doesnt know anything about that but wants the best picture on oled 4K tv Smile
You should just stick with YCbCr Limited.
Is the banding issue only with full UHD ISO's or remux MKV's (mine are via MakeMKV). I assume both as container shouldn't matter.
(2017-09-19, 08:59)tsainont Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-19, 00:49)SilverBlade Wrote: [ -> ]It the Zidoo X9S the right player for me?

Currently, I have a Dune Base 3.0 (which has a SMB server, so I can transfer movies to it over LAN), along with 2 Mediasonic 4-bay enclosures (http://www.mediasonic.ca/product.php?id=1357290977) (I have 6 drives currently, all in NTFS), and both of them are connected to a USB Hub

And I am using the Logitech Harmony One to control it.

Will the X9S be able to replicate everything I'm doing now? (SMB server to transfer files, connecting multi-bay enclosures with a USB hub, write to NTFS drives over LAN, HD Audio Bistreaming), and control it with the Logitech Harmony One?

According to your setup, I recommend you to stick with Dune Base. X9S is still unreliable. Next firmware upgrade might break something. I use it just for watching movies. Couple of subtitle lines are missing every 5 mins or so.

(2018-01-27, 20:34)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-27, 11:22)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]I see all different settings
Full or limited or auto
Thrn ybcr which one?
You should just stick with YCbCr Limited.

Ok thx, which YCbCr?
On the tv my color gammut is set to "auto" so it matches the source
And black level low
(2018-01-27, 19:59)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @OlivierQC, is there a changelog for the new native video player?
Hello hdmkv,

I took the apk in the new FW 2.0.5. someone was looking for apk HT 2.0, after deleting it by mistake.

I wanted to help him
Thanks wesk05, it's very nice:

Here are my parameters:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2696335

-----------------

Sorry for the quality of my pictures, I took 2 photos with and without banding by changing my settings, people on french forum do not believe me when I say I have no banding

without banding (deep color AUTO), the zidoo forces the 12Bit with AUTO
https://image.ibb.co/eoOyPG/DSC05696.jpg

with banding (I forced the 10Bit in the options deep color), we see a banding in the sky, it is much more visible in real life than in the photo.
https://image.ibb.co/ivi4yb/DSC05697.jpg

-----------------

Thanks about the YcBcR 4.2.2 information,
with the 4.2.2 i have a lot of banding as if it was 8Bit.

see you
Hello hdmkv,

I do not know if the person uses mkv, ISO or BDMV.

in my case, i have only ISO/BDMV with UHD HDR movies.
So then should we be leaving deep color on auto? I was under the impression that deep color offers no benefits, even with UHD content. Is that incorrect? My LG panel is an 8-bit with dithering to achieve the 10-bit billion colors it advertises. Would I be better off just disabling deep color?

I never trust auto modes because I never know what it's choosing and there's always a risk it will choose the wrong thing.