Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HT 2.0 on the latest zidoo firmware uses the kiss method.

pulls down covers and metadata = check
autoswaps resolution, frame rate and color space, bitstreams everything = check
framepacked 3d from mkv, mvc= check
iso and bdmv folder playback = check
4k/3D/2d bluray menu support = check

Does it have a few hiccups such as @udio stutters etc a few dropped frames every once in a while= yes (most can be cured by a reboot). There is some ever minor banding on some displays. I personally do not see most of these things on an 2016 LG oled.

It is a simple 10ft interface that most of us have since left the kodi windows mvc branch behind for, and have love for it in our rack/cabinet.

As far as kodi integration you can use zdmc 17.3 or kodi 18 if adventurous and just que everything to external player, but HT 2.0 does most everything desired. I am managing about 380 4k films and 440 3D films with it. All in .iso and BDMV.

I let shield handle standard HD library with kodi.

Zidoo and HT 2.0 is a very viable solution for 3D /4K HDR media client.
Kodi (ZDMC) on Zidoo is simply used as a front end for movie/TV organization, posters/fanart and metadata. Actual playback is pushed to Zidoo’s version of the Realtek player.

Sure, you can also use ZDMC to play back videos internally, but 3D MVC isn’t supported, among other aspects.
Awesome info! Thanks so much.

I have a shield running Kodi which I will keep for standard HD library and Netflix and use the  Zidoo for the 4k and 3D stuff!

I was tempted to add an Apple TV 4k but not that I know Zidoo can do the 4K stuff no problem just saved myself some cash.
For now, Shield is better at 4K than Zidoo. It isn't clear if Zidoo is really doing 12-bit 4:2:2, and banding is noticeable unless you use limited HDMI range. Think (hope) Zidoo can resolve the issue.
yes, we are doing 12-bit 4:2:2 mode.also checking the banding issue.
(2018-06-20, 05:06)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ]yes, we are doing 12-bit 4:2:2 mode.also checking the banding issue.
How confidently can you say this? It doesn't look like 12-bit 4:2:2 output keeps the 1LSB resolution from a 10-bit source.
Sorry. my point is that we are checking the 4:2:2 12bit mode Sad
Hi all,

News from the Zidoo Team about a new FW...

I am looking forward to checking the banding problem when the new FW will be available...

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/...oon.10134/

See you
some one have try SACD on zidoo device ? perfomance ? audio quality ? functions  ecc...
It's available now....
Check it 
​​​​​​http://apidl.zidoo.tv/X9S/v2.0.32/ZIDOO_X9S-v2.0.32-201807041513-ota.zip
@mirror88
Any chance to fix the White and the Chroma clipping?
(2018-06-15, 23:35)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]What TV do you have? Most are able to show some level of info. on what they're receiving.
 samsung hu8550 with one connect box SEK3500U
Hi guys . I just got the Zidoo X9S and connecting with my LG OLED E6 through a Marantz SR6010 .

My question is can someone please help with the best settings to use for HDMI , Full/limited and all of those for the best picture .

I would prefer if my Tv did the upscalling of 1080p movies.

Thanks
(2018-07-07, 18:30)Hail.ceasar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys . I just got the Zidoo X9S and connecting with my LG OLED E6 through a Marantz SR6010 .

My question is can someone please help with the best settings to use for HDMI , Full/limited and all of those for the best picture .

Thanks
Your LG OLED has support for selectable YCC quantization, so in Auto mode Zidoo will output full range which is a scaled output. If you prefer to see darker blacks than what is in the source, then you can leave Zidoo dynamic range on Auto, otherwise manually select limited.
As for the color depth, you may have to first check whether 10-bit 4:4:4/4:2:0 results in excessive banding on your TV. If it does, you may have to go with 12-bit 4:4:4/4:2:2. I think the Auto mode uses 12-bit. You can check banding with the clips in this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2734232
Thanks buddy

(2018-07-07, 18:40)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-07, 18:30)Hail.ceasar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys . I just got the Zidoo X9S and connecting with my LG OLED E6 through a Marantz SR6010 .

Thanks
Your LG OLED has support for selectable YCC quantization, so in Auto mode Zidoo will output full range which is a scaled output. If you prefer to see darker blacks than what is in the source, then you can leave Zidoo dynamic range on Auto, otherwise manually select limited.
As for the color depth, you may have to first check whether 10-bit 4:4:4/4:2:0 results in excessive banding on your TV. If it does, you may have to go with 12-bit 4:4:4/4:2:2. I think the Auto mode uses 12-bit. You can check banding with the clips in this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2734232