Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@hdmkv, 3D aside and irrespective of price, how would you compare the PQ/AQ of the Zidoo and the Himedia to the Nvidia Shield? I have given up on ever seeing 3D on the Shield, but would hate to dump it for something with an inferior picture. In your opinion, is there any difference between the quality of the non-3D pictures? Thanks very much
(2016-10-31, 12:57)OlivierQC Wrote: [ -> ]@hdmkv,

Several members on my thread talk about audio/video sync problems with HD soundtrack.
http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/...k6...1-135.html

Ant-Man (DTS Hi-Res) time delay 100/150 ms.
Malefique (DTS HDMA) time delay 100/150 ms
Captain Phillips (DTS) ok
Transformers 4 (AC3) ok

with the lord of the rings 3 extended (DTS HDMA) the sound is sputtering/crackling (sorry i do not know the exact term)

the same movies with the shield TV have no problem.

have you noticed something ?
The link you posted gives me a "Erreur 404 - Impossible de trouver ce que vous cherchez". I haven't tried the titles you listed, but did watch 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' 3D ISO (rip of UK disc) w/1.2.6 from start-to-finish and had no issues. It has a DTS-MA 7.1 track.

(2016-10-31, 17:29)chocco Wrote: [ -> ]@hdmkv, 3D aside and irrespective of price, how would you compare the PQ/AQ of the Zidoo and the Himedia to the Nvidia Shield? I have given up on ever seeing 3D on the Shield, but would hate to dump it for something with an inferior picture. In your opinion, is there any difference between the quality of the non-3D pictures? Thanks very much
HiMedia w/Imprex enabled has a bit more of a 'digital' look compared to the other two. Disabled, it's comparable to them. AQ is also basically the same on all three. With PQ, my totally subjective pick is Zidoo (w/native player), followed by Shield, then HiMedia. But, all are really close... and as I've mentioned in the past, if you were to play various clips side by side on all three, not telling me which player was outputting which, I'd probably fail at identifying them.
(2016-10-30, 22:40)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Native was what I thought you were talking about w/FLIRC success. I can't get MCE/WMC remote nor FLIRC to work well w/native (external) player. Only play/pause, not FF/REW nor skip forward/back.

Ok, I got it working for me: play/pause is the MCE play button, subtitle cycle is "L", audio track cycle is "T", stop is "X", FF is "page up", FR is "page down". With "right" and "left" I can navigate through the movie and with the numbers keys I can define a specific time to jump to. I have not found a way to skip chapters though and I am still looking for a way to open the context menu. So if anybody has figured that out...
This is for native player? And w/FLIRC and which command (full keyboard)? ...as there's no context menu w/native, only w/ZDMC.
Yes, this is with the native player with Flirc full keyboard (instead of the MCE "play" button the "enter" key works as "play/pause" as well). With context menu I meant the menu to change for example the 3D mode in the native player.
Thanks, I'll re-try FLIRC. Hoping remote key-mapping experts @looun and @pcristi come up w/a solution for us as they did w/HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro.
Hello hdmkv,

it is weird, piou (from my thread) watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens 3D ISO and there is a time delay (300 ms).
I'll check again (plus other DTS-HD titles), but pretty certain as I'd notice a 300ms delay.
thanks hdmkv,

about green flashes, piou noticed 2 times after having watched 3 movies (3D ISO) for a fraction of a second ( he said : you wonder if you did not dream).

see you
(2016-11-01, 00:26)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]I'll check again (plus other DTS-HD titles),

but pretty certain as I'd notice a 300ms delay.

yes i agree with you, piou also says that :

c est pour tout le film et tout le temps, et vraiment visible , pour moi pas regardable dans l'état , ils vont trouver une solution c est arrivé sur pas mal de boitier

it is from start-to-finish, the movie is unwatchable according to him.
@hdmkv
Quote:I'll check again (plus other DTS-HD titles), but pretty certain as I'd notice a 300ms delay.
We are checking this issue,Which AVR model do you use?All of the DTS-HD audio will be delay or just some special movie?please give us more information. BTW:We will buy a FLIRC remote,try to support it.

@OlivierQC
Quote:about green flashes, piou noticed 2 times after having watched 3 movies (3D ISO) for a fraction of a second ( he said : you wonder if you did not dream).
We reproduced a once,Still checking.
@wesk05
@mirror88
@hdmkv

Why write in "Zidoo X9S Issue Tracker" that everything is working, if it is not?
I corrected it back!

1)
In system player
1080@30/60fps dont switch 1080@60Hz mode!
For check switch system mode 1080@24Hz, and run video 1080@30/60fps, and view, so stay mode 1080@24Hz!
In ZDMC switch correctly.

2)
Auto Frame switch work ONLY system and ZDMC players!
But we need to work in all players (MX Player, VLC Player etc.) This functionality is in the Tronsmart and MINIX!
Hello mirror88,

i will ask them,

I also asked if it does with DTS HD demo files
Hello,

Mumakil did a short video ( Ant-Man DTS HRA) and we can see a little lag in the sound at the 56th second (when he throws a punch), NFO is included in the file

https://1fichier.com/?gt27lhkrxt

see you
Hello,

mumakil returned to FW 1.2.3 and the issue disappeared.

he try the Fw 1.2.4 now