Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I confirm the auto switch to 720p bug on 1.2.7, i have to switch it back to auto

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-12-16, 15:54)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]On the one hand, I don't see X10 being a 'move on to the next great thing' ploy as it's based on the same Realtek RTD1295 SoC as X8 and X9S. So, very similar f/w and effort behind it.

On the other hand, as Zidoo's troubles are around reliability and stability, they really need focus, and not additional variations as distractions. After an active start, f/w dev work seems to have slowed down... hopefully we'll see f/w 1.2.8 soon and continued diligent support to bring MKV MVC functionality back and working properly and addressing users' key stability/reliability issues.
There are a lot of changes in the new version.A new music player(support samba and nfs path,support custom playlist),A new more friendly settings,Added more than ten languages,solved some edid issues,solved some stability issues,solved some samba issues(about external player in ZDMC).Perfect support MVC MKVs frame-packed, etc... But we hope to solve the audio drop issue in this version,then release a beta version. we are working hard on it, trust me.
(2016-12-16, 17:57)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-16, 15:54)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]On the one hand, I don't see X10 being a 'move on to the next great thing' ploy as it's based on the same Realtek RTD1295 SoC as X8 and X9S. So, very similar f/w and effort behind it.

On the other hand, as Zidoo's troubles are around reliability and stability, they really need focus and not additional variations as distractions. After an active start, f/w dev work seems to have slowed down... hopefully, we'll see f/w 1.2.8 soon and continued diligent support to bring MKV MVC functionality back and working properly and addressing users' key stability/reliability issues.
There are a lot of changes in the new version.A new music player(support samba and NFS path, support custom playlist), A new more friendly settings, Added more than ten languages, solved some edid issues, solved some stability issues, solved some samba issues(about external player in ZDMC).Perfect support MVC MKVs frame-packed, etc... But we hope to solve the audio drop issue in this version, then release a beta version. we are working hard on it, trust me.

Great patiently waiting for the update...
Hi,

what are the proper settings for optimal A/V playback?

I do not have 4k Tv and I do not use 5.1 for sound system , so what are the proper settings for optimal A/V playback?

also I tried to streaming torrent file 1080p "5.1" , it worked but there is a lot of lag and the sound was bad , so what do you think the problem is ?

( Zidoo x9s @ 1.2.7 )

Thank you
I got my box today, why is regular 1080p ISO files stuttering every 3-4 second? i got external player on. and i cant use prismatik for screen grabbing either with my Lightpack Sad
Another problem added to the list, started watching the latest tim burton movie in 3D an iso file,and the sound kept cutiing in and out had to end up watching on my trusted oppo 93.
Hi, to all the developers of x9s,
I would like to request an additional feature of the x9s, which is the ability to gradually zoom the picture until the black bars disappear. This is an important feature especially for those plasma tv owners because it can prevent burn in on their tvs. KODI has this feature so I believe that it can also be implemented on the zidoo player. I hope on the next firmware update, this feature will be included. Thanks!
(2016-12-17, 02:49)screw_driver072000 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, to all the developers of x9s,
I would like to request an additional feature of the x9s, which is the ability to gradually zoom the picture until the black bars disappear. This is an important feature especially for those plasma tv owners because it can prevent burn in on their tvs. KODI has this feature so I believe that it can also be implemented on the zidoo player. I hope on the next firmware update, this feature will be included. Thanks!

We need bugs sorting out first before adding extra features which are not importnant. I have a plasma you do not get burn in on the black bars.
hello,

I've seen it on Zidoo forum,

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/...post-18172

see you
@mirror88, why are you guys not using the beta test group to test these releases like w/X6 Pro? I'm sure several of us here or in Zidoo forum would be happy to help.

I can also confirm the 720p issues someone already reported I believe... takes a while for playback to start (like box is frozen), then after stopping playback, screen goes blank (had to un-plug, re-plug box).
(2016-12-16, 17:57)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ]

On the other hand, as Zidoo's troubles are around reliability and stability, they really need focus, and not additional variations as distractions. After an active start, f/w dev work seems to have slowed down... hopefully we'll see f/w 1.2.8 soon and continued diligent support to bring MKV MVC functionality back and working properly and addressing users' key stability/reliability issues.
There are a lot of changes in the new version.A new music player(support samba and nfs path,support custom playlist),A new more friendly settings,Added more than ten languages,solved some edid issues,solved some stability issues,solved some samba issues(about external player in ZDMC).Perfect support MVC MKVs frame-packed, etc... But we hope to solve the audio drop issue in this version,then release a beta version. we are working hard on it, trust me.
Well I still have a few weeks before I can send mine back to Amazon as faulty so we will see how the ne firmware goes.
Regards.
(2016-12-18, 18:09)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]@mirror88, why are you guys not using the beta test group to test these releases like w/X6 Pro? I'm sure several of us here or in Zidoo forum would be happy to help.

They do not need of us Big Grin

I can also confirm the 720p issues someone already reported I believe... takes a while for playback to start (like box is frozen), then after stopping playback, screen goes blank (had to un-plug, re-plug box).
Hello,

i have audio dropout with this movie :

Nom/name : Star Wars 7 + Bonus_Bluray VFF CoolCpu
Taille/size : 73.21 GB

Daydream (screen saver) it works now

1. Settings - Developer options - Stay awake - OFF
2. Setting - Display - Daydream - ON - the upper right corner of the three points - When to daydream - While charging
3. Setting - Display - Daydream - select the desired screensaver
4. Setting - When to daydream - choose the time after which screen saver turns on
If Setting - Display - Daydream - OFF, after a specified time tv-box will go into standby mode
Hello,

For those who have dolby atmos system, here is 3 Dolby atmos demo.

unbroken atmos demo.m2ts
https://1fichier.com/?csgvf5d8f7

(audio only) 747 takeoff atmos.m2ts
https://1fichier.com/?e2lsb56dm5

Transformers 4 atmos demo.m2ts
https://1fichier.com/?te0yfvvje5

see you