Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-12-22, 03:06)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Zappiti has mostly been a front-end alternative to Kodi, but never as good. Dune was better on the hardware side, w/Zappiti as the front-end. Let's see how well they fare w/hardware and software, but Zidoo is ahead of the game I think. But, competition is a good thing for us consumers. Zappiti has fallen short w/previous offerings.

Are you sure Zidoo is ahead of the game when it comes to software/Hardware compare to Zappiti?
(2016-12-22, 05:55)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-22, 03:31)rockhard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-21, 14:51)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,Are you setting the "repeat one" ?We found the issue.If set to "repeat one",The bookmark just remember the last movie.Will solve it,Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Mirror88

Thanks for your suggestion. But where is this repeat option?

Will solve it in next version.currently,you can change to another repeat mode.

Thanks, will be waiting for the next firmware update
(2016-12-22, 03:06)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Zappiti has mostly been a front-end alternative to Kodi, but never as good. Dune was better on the hardware side, w/Zappiti as the front-end. Let's see how well they fare w/hardware and software, but Zidoo is ahead of the game I think. But, competition is a good thing for us consumers. Zappiti has fallen short w/previous offerings.

quote ...
Zappiti = 150$/€ for hardware and OS + 100$/€ for Zappiti Media Center .

i sure that x9s and Zappiti share 60-70 % Realtek stock rom.

the remote control of zappiti is very nice!

But there is still no stop button, every button but a stop button, is this a comedy moment? Is someone going to bust in with a stop button and start laughing?
(2016-12-22, 21:41)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]

Are you sure Zidoo is ahead of the game when it comes to software/Hardware compare to Zappiti?
No. Haven't been impressed w/their past offerings, but maybe now could be different as RTD1295 is better h/w. Thing is though Realtek SoC's have always been very turnkey type solutions, so variations between manufacturers won't likely be that different.
Hello zidoo users,

Using this wonderfull box since yesterday, after testing a wetek hub. Very perfect for my use, no 4K, only 720 and 1080p on 50VT30 plasma.
The picture quality is very impressive, and no issues with HD sounds for time.

I wil do my best to help you, each time it will be possible for me. Just please don't laugh at me with my bad english, i will do my best.

Has anybody test the new beta 1.2.9 software ?
There's a v1.2.9? I see a v1.2.8_Beta5 posted in their beta test section, yesterday I think.
no 1.2.9 only 1.2.8 beta and new zdmc version
(2016-12-23, 20:19)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]There's a v1.2.9? I see a v1.2.8_Beta5 posted in their beta test section, yesterday I think.

No, sorry. 1.2.8, you're wright.
(2016-12-23, 20:37)OlivierQC Wrote: [ -> ]no 1.2.9 only 1.2.8 beta and new zdmc version

Happy, to find your in this forum Olivier Smile
Hello, can anyone here confirm the list of file systems supported by Zidoo X8 / X9S to be mounted as a USB drive?

I have the X9S and apparently HFS is not supported (unfortunately for me as a Mac user).
I also tried exFAT but could not mount it. I only had success with NTFS.

Thank you.
Can anybody test the beta? I'm bored.
I have installed the beta5 and with Ghostbusters I still have sound issues.
(2016-12-24, 11:11)DaMacFunkin Wrote: [ -> ]Can anybody test the beta? I'm bored.

I don't if I can comment on the beta butConfused
New beta f/w works well for me. 3D MVC MKV's now play smoothly, and depth, 3D effects look great... as good as 3D ISO's.

Tried 'Ghostbusters' 3D ISO, but if I force to 2D mode, it plays at 1080p/60, same rez as ZDMC UI. No audio dropouts though. Also no dropouts in 3D mode. When opening 3D ISO's, choosing 'play main movie' or 'Play in 3D mode' both do the same thing (play in 3D).