Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Still Audio dropOut with ZDMC i have install the regular Kodi to be able watch a movie..

just simple 5.1 file was not even working.

Quote:General
Complete name : M:xxxxx.mkv
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 2
File size : 5.47 GiB
Duration : 2 h 5 min
Overall bit rate : 6 215 kb/s
Writing application : x264.exe
Writing library : mkv2rls v1.4 (date: 2011 mar 29)

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate : 4 706 kb/s
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 544 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.35:1
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.282
Stream size : 4.03 GiB (74%)
Writing library : x264 core 118 r2085 8a62835
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=8 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=12 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=4706 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Audio
ID : 2
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Mode : 16
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : A_DTS
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 509 kb/s
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 93.750 FPS (512 spf)
Bit depth : 24 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 1.33 GiB (24%)
Default : Yes

Text
ID : 3
Format : UTF-8
Codec ID : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text
Default : No
(2016-12-26, 21:24)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]Still Audio dropOut with ZDMC i have install the regular Kodi to be able watch a movie..

Hmm.. so there are no dropouts with regular Kodi? and is this at 1080p resolution. I don't think the dropouts have anything to do with the movie. It is the combination of 4K, color space (YCbCr 4:4:4) and deep color mode (10/12 bits) that causes the dropouts.
(2016-12-26, 21:39)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-26, 21:24)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]Still Audio dropOut with ZDMC i have install the regular Kodi to be able watch a movie..

Hmm.. so there are no dropouts with regular Kodi? and is this at 1080p resolution. I don't think the dropouts have anything to do with the movie. It is the combination of 4K, color space (YCbCr 4:4:4) and deep color mode (10/12 bits) that causes the dropouts.

The dropout is happening with their External Player
Let me see if I can replicate ... I don't have 'Ghostbusters' 2D. Anything else causing dropouts? I have everything at 'Auto' (resolution, color space and deep color).
(2016-12-26, 23:26)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Let me see if I can replicate ... I don't have 'Ghostbusters' 2D. Anything else causing dropouts? I have everything at 'Auto' (resolution, color space and deep color).

I have only tried Ghostbusters. @OlivierQC has mentioned that it happens with Independence Day: Resurgence and Star Trek Beyond Star Wars The Force Awakens. I will also check Ghostbusters 3D in 2D mode.

PS: thanks for asking @mirror88 to add me to the beta test group.
If using latest closed beta, 3D ISO's played in 2D mode output at 60 or whatever your ZDMC rez is at (vs. 23.976). I only have 3D versions of Independence Day: Resurgence and Star Trek Beyond.
(2016-12-26, 23:44)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]If using latest closed beta, 3D ISO's played in 2D mode output at 60 or whatever your ZDMC rez is at (vs. 23.976). I only have 3D versions of Independence Day: Resurgence and Star Trek Beyond.
Will check that. Haven't quite tested the beta version yet. Doing a NAS upgrade: replacing the HDDs with 6TB ones.
About beta firmware,pls post in beta group forum
We are working hard with audio drop issue on external player,A team of more than 10 people, Realtek engineers and ZIDOO engineers working together in the ZIDOO Office just for this issue.
Also solving the audio SYNC issue on zdmc dvdplayer.
BTW:Solved some bluetooth 3.0 mouse can not work issue today.
(2016-12-27, 05:32)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ]About beta firmware,pls post in beta group forum
We are working hard with audio drop issue on external player,A team of more than 10 people, Realtek engineers and ZIDOO engineers working together in the ZIDOO Office just for this issue.
Also solving the audio SYNC issue on zdmc dvdplayer.
BTW:Solved some bluetooth 3.0 mouse can not work issue today.

Sorry about thatSad
Can i install "vidon xbmc pro" in x9s?

I want to play my bluray iso/bmdv files in full menu...
where the hell is the stop button ? i want to be able to stop and play resume, can this be done ? Also i could have a poster library only for my movies on my WDTV can i do it on the Zidoo ? ive seen the home theatre app but when i scan it gets covers for everything including music etc and most of the film covers are for different films, if it cannot do these simple things then santa will be getting it back
You can program one of the two buttons at the bottom as a 'Stop'...

And, yes, you can have posters for your movies and TV shows using ZDMC (Kodi fork) to scrape them.
(2016-12-27, 17:19)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]You can program one of the two buttons at the bottom as a 'Stop'...

And, yes, you can have posters for your movies and TV shows using ZDMC (Kodi fork) to scrape them.

Programming the stop button is something I have used, but it would be a lot better if you could program them as chapter skip buttons.
Having the movie pause (when you press the enter button in native player) is annoying, I have never seen a media player behave like this.
(2016-12-26, 22:19)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-26, 21:39)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]

The dropout is happening with their External Player

So if you turn external player off in ZDMC it doesn't happen?
No need to install kodi then.
(2016-12-27, 17:19)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]You can program one of the two buttons at the bottom as a 'Stop'...

Thanx for your reply its appreciated, what does this mean tho ?? using ZDMC (Kodi fork) to scrape them ?? whats kodi fork ?

I have a harmony one can i programme it to have ffwrd and rewind stop play and pause chapter skip ?