Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have a zidoo X8, the new FW will be available tomorrow.

it'll be long till tomorrow
Yeah, i truly hope the sound issues are gone
I have a bad feeling about this...Big Grin
(2017-01-10, 14:52)querty1000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-10, 11:42)tsainont Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-10, 11:30)querty1000 Wrote: [ -> ]I have "mine" DTS-HD dropouts cured with an advancedsettings.xml and cachemembuffsize like the RPi it does.

็How did you do it?

I also have audio dropouts with some mkvs. (1.2.8 beta5). These dropouts can be fixed by pressing play/pause (>=) once then play again for some movies.

http://kodi.wiki/view/advancedsettings.xml

create an advancedsettings.xml like this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <network>
      <buffermode> 1 </buffermode>
      <readbufferfactor> 10 </readbufferfactor>
      <cachemembuffersize> 104857600 </cachemembuffersize>
  </network>
</advancedsettings>

you can also read here:
http://androidpcreview.com/fix-kodi-buff...ache/2611/
How do you connect to the Zidoo to modify files?
I would like to create an advancedsettings.xml but i don't know to connect with my pc to the Zidoo.

On this location there is no map userdata: Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata
Put the advancedsettings.xml on a USB stick and use the built-in file manager on Zidoo to copy over to Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata

You'll need to enable viewing of hidden files/folders. Alternatively use ESFileExplorer (vs. Zidoo's file manager).
it is no longer necessary with the new FW 1.2.9
(2017-01-10, 20:05)OlivierQC Wrote: [ -> ]it is no longer necessary with the new FW 1.2.9

It isn't because the audio dropouts. I want to clean up my media library when i start ZDMC. If i delete a file from my nas, ZDMC must clean up al the fanart and delete the movie from the video wall: http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#videolibrary

Do you have to backup everything (settings in ZDMC) when you install the update? It's my first time i do an update on a running system.
I red the changelog, the tags in subtitles (<i>, </i>) are not fixed?
Did the audio dropouts solved in new firmware?

Sent from my iPhone
No audio dropouts in my case. But only watching 720p and 1080p mkv movies.
DTS playing well for me.
Audio still gets out of sync in ZDMC. Starts ok and slowly gets out of sync (or if you jump to various places in the movie). This happens only with HD audio (TrueHD and DTS-HD). If I try to get the core from the same file, it plays ok. But the HD track is still a mess.

Does anyone know if Kodi 17 will have passthrough enabled and if yes, will it work for x9s?
(2017-01-11, 13:11)nikos_a Wrote: [ -> ]Audio still gets out of sync in ZDMC. Starts ok and slowly gets out of sync (or if you jump to various places in the movie). This happens only with HD audio (TrueHD and DTS-HD). If I try to get the core from the same file, it plays ok. But the HD track is still a mess.

Does anyone know if Kodi 17 will have passthrough enabled and if yes, will it work for x9s?

The above correct when i give it a go tonight this will be my last post, sending back.
(2017-01-10, 19:53)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Put the advancedsettings.xml on a USB stick and use the built-in file manager on Zidoo to copy over to Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata

You'll need to enable viewing of hidden files/folders. Alternatively use ESFileExplorer (vs. Zidoo's file manager).
I put the file on a USB stick and installed ES FileExplorer. I can browse through the files. But how do you select and copy a file with the remote? I only can select a file but don't know how to choose to copy or cut a file.
(2017-01-11, 13:11)nikos_a Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if Kodi 17 will have passthrough enabled
Yes, KODI 17 for Android have Audio-PT (RAW) enabled as long, as API level 23 was reconized. Should be the case in Marshmallow. With Nougat should be the better working IEC PT possible.
Quote:and if yes, will it work for x9s?
No it works not in X9S because the Android OS is too much hacked and doesn't follow the style guides from google. The sound drivers aren't compatible to googles requests like the shield have.
Updated to Zidoo X9S 1.2.9.

1) Still Audio cut outs and screen blackouts with 4:4:4. Reported by many many people many months ago.
2) I have lots of 1080p HEVC DTS-HD files that constantly skip frames with Zidoo player, these play fine on ZDMC without external player or any other HEVC media device i have tried them on, i reported this months ago.
3) MKV MVC depth is virtually none existent compared to 3D ISO, this was reported in 1.2.8 beta5.

So no real improvements with any of the main A/V bugs with this unit.
What is the advantage if i install the root apk