Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-01-13, 10:32)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ]As I said, we have made a crucial progress on the issue of audio dropout . I'm glad to tell you the good news that we have solved it today. So we will release a new version soon. This version also optimized the subtitles display on native player, it looks great.
It is really very difficult, many engineers work on this issue for more than a month, until we got some very professional analysis instruments to find the issue, anyway, we have a good result now ,Cheers!

Hi mirror88,
I want to report that the subtitles on native player is a mess, unusable!!!
Youtube dropout is still present!
(2017-01-13, 10:32)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ](....) until we got some very professional analysis instruments to find the issue, anyway (....)

What are this analysis instruments that allows you to check the audio drops ?
There seem to be a big issue with subtitles in V1.2.10
Does the new firmware allow 2160 4:4:4?
Removed/Edited this post had an issue but now sorted was my fault.

Latest firmware is great. Thank you, goodbye.
(2017-01-15, 10:39)cosmi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-13, 10:32)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ]As I said, we have made a crucial progress on the issue of audio dropout . I'm glad to tell you the good news that we have solved it today. So we will release a new version soon. This version also optimized the subtitles display on native player, it looks great.
It is really very difficult, many engineers work on this issue for more than a month, until we got some very professional analysis instruments to find the issue, anyway, we have a good result now ,Cheers!

Hi mirror88,
I want to report that the subtitles on native player is a mess, unusable!!!
Youtube dropout is still present!

I have also some problems with subtitles using the last version of kodi. Sometimes the first letters are missing.
Any idea ?
I have also some problems with subtitles using the last version of kodi. Sometimes the first letters are missing...
Tried watching a movie tonight via ZDMC using the external player (v 1.2.9). It attempted to open it but never did. Reboot did not help. I can browse the files on the samba share but once I attempt to open them I get the message that the file is no longer available.
I then updated to the latest firmware (1.2.10) hoping this would solve the problems. However, now ZDMC does not even launch.
After months of playing beta tester with this box I am now going to return it. This really is too many firmware versions with still too many bugs.
Factory reset the box then it will work
I watched one movies (mkv) last night with this new firmware. There were audio dropouts and video started to get jerky after around 30-35 minutes. I paused the movie and played again. This time there were short high-pitch noises came out of speakers as well. I had to stop the movie. I will do factory reset the box tonight and see if this fixes the issue.
(2017-01-15, 23:42)sloth Wrote: [ -> ]Tried watching a movie tonight via ZDMC using the external player (v 1.2.9). It attempted to open it but never did. Reboot did not help. I can browse the files on the samba share but once I attempt to open them I get the message that the file is no longer available.
I then updated to the latest firmware (1.2.10) hoping this would solve the problems. However, now ZDMC does not even launch.
After months of playing beta tester with this box I am now going to return it. This really is too many firmware versions with still too many bugs.

You must uninstall zdmc( backup first) and reinstall the signed app from http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/...ased.3946/
I also did what cosmi said. It is good to have signed apps when you deal with file systems. Anything else can cause trouble. Problem is that whenever an update is pushed, if we have to do this all time, it is a pain in the butt. I lost all my add ons and settings in ZDMC. Is it safe to backup the ZDMC settings folder and restore it after the update? If yes, can anyone point the path that the zdmc settings folder resides?

A few notes about 1.2.10 and the issues I had

a) Out of sync HD audio in ZDMC. Seems to be fixed. Not entirely 100% without issues though. Movie starts in sync. If you skip to a random point in movie, the audio looks like it lost sync, then there's a jump in the video for a second and it syncs with the audio. As I said, it is not perfect but it works. So overall, this is OK.

b) New font in Media Center. Much better but I can confirm the issue with first letter missing. NEEDS FIXING.

c) If I was switching the machine on and the selected source in my AVR was x9s, I was getting a pink layer on the screen. Only way to sort this was to switch to another source and back to Zidoo. The issue is FIXED.

d) I still have a reboot of x9s when I try to access my NAS using NFS. This happens ONLY from file explorer, not from ZDMC. NOT FIXED.

e) 60fps file drops frames in ZDMC but not in Media Center. Sample uploaded here. Still NOT FIXED.

f) Still waiting for an answer about sharing of external SD card in OpenWRT. For me this is useful to use it as an external store place in my local network and be able to upload files (apk, media, audio etc) there. NOT ANSWERED WHY.

Slowly the machine gets better but still needs work to give value for the money spent.
(2017-01-15, 10:56)couto27 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-13, 10:32)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ](....) until we got some very professional analysis instruments to find the issue, anyway (....)

What are this analysis instruments that allows you to check the audio drops ?

Probably some speakers.
Quote:It is good to have signed apps when you deal with file systems. Anything else can cause trouble. Problem is that whenever an update is pushed, if we have to do this all time, it is a pain in the butt. I lost all my add ons and settings in ZDMC. Is it safe to backup the ZDMC settings folder and restore it after the update? If yes, can anyone point the path that the zdmc settings folder resides?

I agree with this, especially since so far I have not found a way to backup the watched status from Kodi/ZDMC. If anybody has a protocol how to backup all ZDMC settings and the watched status it would be a great addition to this thread as a factory reset/ZDMC uninstall seems to be required more regularly. I am going to give this a try.