Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-01-27, 15:19)DaMacFunkin Wrote: [ -> ]Absolute rubbish, it is the setting Auto or 4:4:4 in color space that causes the problem.
I have resolution set to 2160@60hz, color space set to 4:2:2 with 10bit and 23.97 active and have no stuttering from 2160p files, banding due to 4:2:2 yes but no stuttering.

Thanks for your reply. Can you test it with my file and give feedback?
....i think it is not possible to get 10bit, when i set the zidoo box to 4.2.2, 10bits@auto23,97fps2160p, cause my denon receiver detects the signal as 4k, hdr color but no 10bits?

any other settings doesn't work correctly
That is a bug in the Denon look up table, it has been covered here before.
Many problems with many devices on many different forums seem to have a Denon in the loop...
(2016-12-09, 17:45)ifeman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-09, 13:09)nikos_a Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-09, 07:45)hjbaard Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using the X9S for a while new but after updating to 1.2.7 I have an issue. When watching a simple mkv 1080i episode from different series after a while I see frame drops (or low frame rates resulting in stuttering, like that buffer is empty) for a couple of seconds and after that it runs OK. Yesterday it happened 2 times while watching a 40 minutes episode.

I stream the series using a synologie nas which I have a couple of questions years now without problems.

I reported a similar issue here. I also uploaded a sample video in that post. Is your problem with ZDMC or only with zidoo player?

Yes that is also exactly what I'm seeing. The stutter takes approximately 5 secs. It happens 1-3 times per episode of several TV series. Pressing the play/mute button also helps. But I had this issue also in 1.2.6. I'm using ZDMC with the external player enabled. Streaming from a Synology NAS, wired.
I also have the same issue. I watch the series through usb3 hard disk.Mine are not 1080i but 1080p but I have the exact same issue you mention. However with movies, i dont have any problems at all.
One solution i found is to use the ZDMC internal player(not the external native) and this problem disappears. Its weird because the external native player should be better...
if anyone has found the solution to this issue, please post it.
thanks
+1 I've been using ZDMC internal player for some time now, Must admit, I do prefer ZDMC vesrion 16.4.12 for 4K playback
(2017-01-27, 16:13)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Believe you guys are right... makes sense with the turnkey solution Realtek takes. So, features/functionality improvements should be available to all players using this chip, with the minor differences just being the launcher, other s/w variances by each manufacturer.

So presumably if the fixes are from Realtek, all boxes running the same SoC will benefit at some point?

What makes the Zappiti mini almost 3x the price of the Zidoo X8, based on same SoC, sharing same problems and benefiting from same updates?

Zappiti mini 4K HDR ~ £220 (UK sourced)
Zidoo X8 ~ £89 (geekbuying)
(2017-01-30, 12:35)JustAnotherUser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-27, 16:13)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Believe you guys are right... makes sense with the turnkey solution Realtek takes. So, features/functionality improvements should be available to all players using this chip, with the minor differences just being the launcher, other s/w variances by each manufacturer.

So presumably if the fixes are from Realtek, all boxes running the same SoC will benefit at some point?

What makes the Zappiti mini almost 3x the price of the Zidoo X8, based on same SoC, sharing same problems and benefiting from same updates?

Zappiti mini 4K HDR ~ £220 (UK sourced)
Zidoo X8 ~ £89 (geekbuying)
Zappiti Magic Pixel? lol
It does have more ram and flash than the X8 but i can't see a difference to the X9S.
The software probably. And I don't mean Android but things like Media Center. Also, the firmware had to be deployed to the machines. Realtek may provide fixes but these fixes have to be implemented in the firmware. It will be interesting to see a review of Zappiti products and compare them to Zidoo. I do believe though that Zidoo is such a company that can keep costs lower without meaning they have a worst product.
Yep, you're paying more for Zappiti's media center/jukebox and the seemingly better build quality of their h/w.

Here's that review of Zappiti Duo 4K HDR by @Sledgehamma, just posted at AVSForum.
A very positive review on playback and audio, seems far less troubled than Zidoo's but he does point out that the Realtek SoC video processing isn't as strong as Sigma Designs. Would be nice to have it compared to the HiSilicon Hi3798CV200 (in HiMedia Q10 , Egreat A5) too

The "permanently on subtitles" isn't good, but bound to be sorted.

If it Android 6.01 based, could Kodi be put on it ?
And from that review article.. I find this serious remote lag, inexcusable, especially on an expensive Zappiti Duo 4K HDR 399€ media player..Seriously what a Joke !

Quote:The response of the player to inputs from the remote is a little bit slow. This can best be noticed while scrolling in the explorer. When pressing the up or down key for several seconds in order to scroll through a big folder the unit is still scrolling after releasing the key.

It obvious a Wireless or Bluetooth remote is not in the included package. Screams Cheap to me. Sad
Not worth the price premium for Zappiti's jukebox and h/w build quality IMHO... w/remote maybe cheap as @wrxtasy points out. Also surprised by VC-1 23.976 stutter, which is absent on Zidoo. I need to re-check the subs implementation on Zidoo; don't believe it's always on, but I always only mux the sub or forced sub I need into my MKV's and ISO's.
Is the Z9s the same pita mounting multiple password protected smb and nfs network shares as the Q10 Pro?
(2017-01-31, 02:42)LowDead Wrote: [ -> ]Is the Z9s the same pita mounting multiple password protected smb and nfs network shares as the Q10 Pro?
Nope, at least for SMB. Also, off the top of my head NFS too... but, for NFS, you browse via Zidoo media center and add shortcut, which you then add in NMT directory (under root I think) in ZDMC (Kodi). If I recall, like with other Android boxes, I wasn't able to use Kodi or any fork to directly add a NFS share.
(2017-01-31, 03:07)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-31, 02:42)LowDead Wrote: [ -> ]Is the Z9s the same pita mounting multiple password protected smb and nfs network shares as the Q10 Pro?
Nope, at least for SMB. Also, off the top of my head NFS too... but, for NFS, you browse via Zidoo media center and add shortcut, which you then add in NMT directory (under root I think) in ZDMC (Kodi). If I recall, like with other Android boxes, I wasn't able to use Kodi or any fork to directly add a NFS share.

Thank you! Do you know of any guide that I can read about this?

//LD