Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-02-17, 14:29)nikos_a Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-17, 06:20)rockhard Wrote: [ -> ]3. Annoying sound when I pause movies with HD-Audio. Not Fixed

FYI, the same happens to the Mede8er 600x3D. (and yes it is annoying because you have to turn volume down).

I have the 600x3D and I don't get any noise when I pause
(2017-02-18, 06:15)syphon00 Wrote: [ -> ]did anyone order the X9s from amazon? if so does this fall under the prime member's return policy?

I have Prime and I ordered mine from Amazon and returned mine to Amazon.
The test for the identification of installed memory and its speed

Install and run SD Insight and see what memory you have installed.
Unpack test.zip to a folder on your computer and start test.bat.
Wait about 10 minutes.
Then copy the contents of the window and, together with information about the memory of place here.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...nlogic.sdi
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3uMOh...jF6eU5naEk
Hi all, first post here...

I bought a Zidoo X9S last week, and have been busy setting it up this weekend. I really like the hardware design on this box.

The reason to buy the X9S was that last month I have bought a 55" LG B6 Oled, which has 4k and HDR support, but no 3D. My audio setup is analog 2.0 (vintage Hi-Fi )
I was surprised to find that the internal player of the TV does not support any type of networked playback. All my stuff is on a NAS so that is an essential feature for me.

So far, I have managed to do the following:
- wire up power, hdmi, network
- configure KODI to use MySQL database (installed server on NAS, etc)
- play files from USB and NAS

At first, 4K files would not play at all. I used a fast USB stick to eliminate network issues and got the files to play perfectly from my USB stick, but only while using the 'file explorer' or 'media center' (NOT KODI!) apps.
Compared to the situation at first, I had to disable the color depth setting (it says at the bottom... setting not recommended...).
After fixing these settings, the 'file explorer' also plays back the 4K files from the NAS. So far so good.

However, it seems I now run into a problem that goes beyond what I can do myself with limited Kodi experience. Kodi's internal (DVDplayer) player more or less works with 4K files, but does not support HDR and makes the video look like a slideshow. The external player seems to be exactly the same software as what is used when you go via the file explorer, but the problem is, when I use it to play videos through Kodi, a message pops up at the bottom of the screen saying "Cannot play video". It pops up immediately.

NAS -> file explorer -> zidoo player = profit
NAS -> kodi -> zidoo player = fail

This makes me believe the problem is caused by Kodi. I have been trying all kinds of settings in Kodi, but the problem remains. As usual I suspect it's something simple caused by myself, but at this point I am completely lost :-)

Should I drop this question at Zidoo support or is this something you guys could possibly help me with??
Answers will be much appreciated.

Cheers from the Netherlands,

Wouter aka Sodeknetters
I have problems with zdmc... It dosen't reproduce dvd-iso/video ts properly in every settings I tried...do you have the same problem? How do you set deinterlace usualy (on/off/auto) and deinterlace method/video scaling method? thanks
Did anyone tried 8tb usb hardrive to be detected in zidoo x9s? I only have 5tb drive and 6tb to esata port.. both simoltaneously connected without problem
Ok just got my x9s from amazon thanks to the folks that answered my earlier questions.
Got a few more noob questions. Whats the point of zdmc? Can i just get rid of it and install kryton?
I try streaming a 1080p mkv from my plex server via zdmc using UPNP and it lags so bad its not really playable, zidoo is on Lan not wifi
How do i make sure audio bypass is configured properly in zdmc? My denon can do all HD audio decoding.

Thanks
The point of ZDMC is to use it as a means to an end... namely 3D MVC! Also HD audio and better PQ than just Kodi w/internal playback.

The external player, which can be set up via ZDMC, provides that full 3D support and better PQ.
(2017-02-21, 03:29)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]The point of ZDMC is to use it as a means to an end... namely 3D MVC! Also HD audio and better PQ than just Kodi w/internal playback.

The external player, which can be set up via ZDMC, provides that full 3D support and better PQ.

Only problem is that it doesn't work for any 4K video file I tried Confused see my post above for a more accurate description
(2017-02-21, 12:19)sodeknetters Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-21, 03:29)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]The point of ZDMC is to use it as a means to an end... namely 3D MVC! Also HD audio and better PQ than just Kodi w/internal playback.

Only problem is that it doesn't work for any 4K video file I tried Confused see my post above for a more accurate description

And what are you using? Kodi 17 or ZDMC?
(2017-02-21, 13:03)XtrordinarY Wrote: [ -> ]And what are you using? Kodi 17 or ZDMC?

ZDMC in my case.

I would expect the integration is better with Zidoo's own version of Kodi...
(2017-02-21, 13:17)sodeknetters Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-21, 13:03)XtrordinarY Wrote: [ -> ]And what are you using? Kodi 17 or ZDMC?

ZDMC in my case.

I would expect the integration is better with Zidoo's own version of Kodi...

That's weird though because I have tried streaming a 64GB 4K movie from my NAS and although I don't have a 4K tv yet ZDMC playes it just fine through the Zidoo Player.
yes, I was very surprised it didn't work too. In the meantime I have gone through a factory reset, and tried to touch as few settings as possible to try again. (only set up basics and media source).
Same result; going through file browser works, going through zdmc doesn't. I will go and pester zidoo support now :-)
Hi, I cannot reply to your direct message yet. Seems my user account is too new / low postcount so it does not allow me to reply to you directly.. anyways:
- network streaming works. there is no difference between local files and streamed files from the NAS.
- playback of 1080 content works (I don't have 3d TV so i cannot test that, but I suppose it will work
- I will try to connect the zidoo to my (HD resolution) PC monitor and see if it will play the 4K files downscaled.

great, thanks for the clarification
so far I've been pretty impressed with the 3D iso aspect of the zidoo, still need to watch a movie all the way through to have anything conclusive.
I did however run into an audio issue on one of the 3D isos in my test run. I believe it was a DTS-HD 5.1 track, the video/audio had no stutter and played fine, but I constantly heard these random pops & chirps, just wondering if anyone else run into this...it could just be the ISO

also got an issue trying to add my windows 7 x64 desktop as a smb source in ZDMC/zidoo media center
every time I tried to map to the smb I get an "unknown error popup"

the path I used was smb://<server IP>/<share name>

and I know the smb works because I can map to it from my MacBook...did I miss something?