Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Many users report a bug in Himedia Q10/5 Pro regarding the aspect ratio of some 4K HDR (and only HDR) files with aspect ratio different from 16:9
Among the others Lucy, John Wick and many more whose native resolution is 3840*1630 or similar.
This Zidoo has got the same bug or works well? I'm asking because I'm thinking to purchase it.
Thanks for advises.WinkWinkWink
never heard of himedia having such bugs, on the contrary many people are complaining that zidoo does not even recognize HDR videos and sometimes plays them with a very RED color....
like i said on other forums , all theses BOXES have many issued and you will never find a perfect box that works like mede8ers....too bad their 4k models never came out...
hell even the very much praised nvidia shield is not that GOOD as i see on their forums MANY many people having issues about PQ and bugs and color problems and kodi 17 compatibility issues !

anyway from what i read, himedia is much better than zidoo at everything (except price!)
The key bugs are really just external subs (internal/embedded are fine) and 4K HDR (@DaMacFunkin & @wesk05 can explain).
(2017-02-27, 20:30)nikos_a Wrote: [ -> ]There is huge issue with subtitles in 1.2.12. In a subtitle encoded in UTF-8, when there were brackets inside the subs, the whole Media Center broke. I was given this message

I clicked wait, nothing happened, then I clicked ok and went back to file explorer with the audio of the movie continue playing in the background. Only way to get rid of that was to restart the machine.

I noticed that when I deleted the following lines, the subtitle played correctly (sorry, subs are in Greek but you can get an idea:

Code:
01:44:38,759 --> 01:44:44,759
<b>N3krA</b>
@instagram.com/N3krA

01:44:45,050 --> 01:44:47,866
Ο μοναδικός.

01:44:52,804 --> 01:44:58,069
Από τότε δεν έχω
αγγίξει κανέναν.

01:44:58,075 --> 01:45:06,075
Επιμέλεια μετάφρασης: < J' aime le noir >

01:46:28,909 --> 01:46:38,355
<< Ο πατέρας μου, μου είπε να προσέξω τρία πράγματα:
Να μη γίνω κομμουνιστής, αδερφή και να μη
πάρω ναρκωτικά. Ε ρε γκίνια! >>
Πουλικάκος από την ταινία "Ρεβάνς"

This is MAJOR issue and no surprise that we have new things broken with every f/w release.
Sorry about that,As a temporary solution,This should be in certain character encoding,Regular expressions judgment anomaly.As I said, we are developing a new subtitle feature.It will be released in two weeks. Support ASS special effects of subtitles in native player.Support HTML TAGS(not for filter).support custom fonts.Support custom shadow and strokes for srt subtitles.
@hdmkv 99% of people use external subs..so serious issue there for zidoo but well let's see in 2 weeks as this seems very easy fix
Did anybody test the Amazon Video functionality already? Does it support HD video and multichannel audio?
Amazon is tablet experience, 480p capped. HD audio and multichannel PCM work fine with your own videos w/DTS HRA/MA/X & DD+/TrueHD/ATMOS.
480p capped probably because of this:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2520950

not because of being a tablet experience.

I also checked what spawn_Img posted here

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2534560

Mine is Samsung Sad
I say tablet, but yes, basically these non-TV Netflix and Amazon apps are designed for tablets and phones (via touch, not remote, so you really need an airmouse or keyboard to navigate if you use with a TV box). To get actual TV experience apps for these, you need Netflix or Amazon-certified devices (Fire TV, nVidia Shield TV, Mi Box, etc.).
Since 2 days I have purchased the Zidoo X8.
Just for comparison, one week ago I borrowed a Himedia Q10Pro from a friend. My TV set is a Panasonic TX-58DX780E (this is tne name in Italy) 4K HDR 3D.capable.
I liked the Q10Pro for PQ and its relative easy of use but I was taken back by the bug concerning some 4K HDR movies, whose resolution is 3840*1600, that were played incorrectly as far as the aspect ratio is concerned.

I asked here if someone was eventually aware of this same problem with Zidoo player and got no answers.

Anyway, I've been impressed by Zidoo support in this forum and also by the positive reviews (thanks @hdmkv and @OlivierQC ), so I decided to buy the X8.

My movies collection is quite large (3D iso, blueray folders, mkv, mkv.mvc, 4K mkv HDR).

The X8, on the first run, upgraded the firmware to the latest available.

And , after almost 2 days of use,these are my findings
:
1 - First and most important the PQ is far better than that of Q10Pro on all formats, especially the 4K (with and without HDR).
2 - Very easy of use, and fast response from the player.
3 - 3Diso play superb and also very good mkv.mvc.

So it seems the perfect player but....
I found that it does not keep the Hdmi resolution that you set in "Quick Settings"
I set resolution to "Auto" and, on player start-up my Tv set correctly shows 3840*2160 60Hz. Afterwards, when I stop the movie, the resolution goes to 1920*1080p 60Hz and there is no way to get it back to 3840*2160, unless you set it manually in the "Quick Settings", or switch the player off and then on again.
I think @mirror88 and Zidoo are aware of this problem and am sure they will fix it.

Thank you @wrxtasy
Sorry but that WALL OF TEXT is unreadable.... Sad

Just a suggestion....Paragraphs, line spacings etc if you want people to read your opinion....
@ragico

i think you should set the x8 to 3840@60hz and fps to auto. No need to switch to 1080p, the player does the upscaling to the nativ 4k resolution of the tv. why do you want the tv to upscale to 4k?
@ragico

1 - First and most important the PQ is far better than that of Q10Pro on all formats, especially the 4K (with and without HDR).

you are probably the only person on earth to have said that, as 99% of people on all forums said...that pictures are really neraly impossible to diferenciate! so eitheir you have dreams, eitheir...something went wrong with your himedia ![/color]
(2017-03-03, 14:58)nenito2k Wrote: [ -> ]@ragico

you are probably the only person on earth to have said that, as 99% of people on all forums said...that pictures are really neraly impossible to diferenciate! so eitheir you have dreams, eitheir...something went wrong with your himedia ![/color]

Of course this kind of assessment is subjective and I confirm mine. Nothing went wrong with Q10Pro.
BlushBlushBlush
@ragico..FAR BETTER doesn't seem subjective ! but hey...if you are happy and think PQ on zidoo is a millions times better...GOOD

but the truth is that 99% of people say that shield = zidoo = amlogic devices = himedia for PQ