Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: memory over-consumption while in slideshow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey,
i've set my XBMC's configuration to enter a pictures slideshow - as a screen saver.
i got 2gigabytes of memory and noticed that the MXBC consumes it all(!) after about an hour or so of running the slideshow (leaves me with about 50kb out of 2gb - which makes the kubuntu turn to virtual memory from a swap partition). it doesn't make any sense at all.. when i run a process manager at that point it tells me that the XBoxMediaCenter takes 1.6Gb(!) of memory..
is there any way i should have configured the XBMC's memory options?..

thanks in advance.
sounds like your classic memory leak.

patch welcome. if not wrong forum
Confirmed...

Set the slideshow to show images for 1sec and 100ms transition time and watch it ravage freemem... eats 3-4 megs/sec (per pic)

Will try to hunt down the leak

TheUni
It's fixed in SVN 10569. Thanks.
thanks for replying even though i posted in the wrong forum.. Smile
will try to upgrade to the latest SVN as soon as i can!
I wonder if this is the same problem I saw on the Xbox... I have some widescreen images. When pressing the D-Pad to jump to the next image XBMC says "Error loading image". After that no image can be opened at all. After a reboot I try the same with normal 4:3 images and there is no problem. Then I try the widescreen again but instead of using D-Pad I use press B and go to the next image to view it. Then there is no problem, but as soon as I use D-Pad on the widescreen image I get the error.
If you don't think this is the same problem, I will reproduce and get a debug log...
i don't know if that the same symptom, ultrabrutal, but after upgrading to the latest SVN the problem remains: the memory won't release. the longer your XBMC session - the bigger memory consumption..
anyone..? Sad
This issue still exists..

JPG images (that are relatively small), seem to have less of an impact..

Started on the weekend with 700mb free memory (1gb total memory)

now, half-a-week later, 147mb free memory.

this is a serious memory leak. how should this be addressed?

(2012-06-27, 14:25)richarpad Wrote: [ -> ]this is a serious memory leak. how should this be addressed?
Which version of XBMC?
Which distribution and version of Linux?