Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 16 - Chromebook (Android) Video Always On Top
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys so I have a Chromebook (Acer R11) and it supports the Play Store, and I have Kodi from there, now I am aware that the Play Store is new to Chromebook and therefore most apps are not optimised but thought I would seek help anyway, Reddit was no help.

So if I open up a video, and say I want to enable subtitles, I would press enter and the bottom bar thingy would pop up and I can select subtitles.
Unfortunately, that is not the case, it seems the video is always on top, yes I mean literally.
I have Kodi on my windows PC and checked how to get to the subtitles on the Chromebook but it still stays behind the video, I know this because it pops onto the screen for a split second before going behind the video.

Again, not really expecting much help as I am aware that it is new, let me also apologise for any mistakes in this post, including sentences that may or may not make sense at all, but you see its 3:00am here and I am extremely tired.
This is a total shot in the dark, but try going into Kodi -> Settings -> Videos -> Acceleration -> and turn off "mediacodec (surface)", but leave the other "mediacodec" turned on.
I honestly love you! Thank you so much! That worked perfectly
*blushes*

Gosh, it was nothin'