Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 1.25x Playback speeds and fine speed adjustments?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I use to watch my shows using ACE/VLC player which I believe is the most popular open source player used. I use this feature to playback the videos at speeds other than 1x. I usually pick something like 1.25x or 1.33x which is just fast enough to watch the video and understand all the audio without it being too fast. If I was to watch Suspense or thriller or action or something that I really wanted to get into the feel of the show, I think I'd watch it at 1.0x speeds, but most of the time I watch Comedies or documentaries and I save soo much time being able to watch the shows faster. I've only found 1x,2x,4x,... etc playbacks which is nice and very useful, but those I use only to seek a position within the show to start watching.

Is there such a feature in Kodi to get that fine speed resolution on playback? I literally save hours of time watching videos by playing them a little faster.
It is now a feature of the upcoming Kodi v17, which is currently in beta. Some skins will have a button for this, but you can also use keymaps (wiki). The default keyboard keymap will speed up with control+right, and slow down with control+left. Be sure to have "sync video playback to display" enabled for this to work.
The options will be for 0.8,0.9,1.0,1.1,1.2,1.3,1.4,1.5 which I'm guessing would meet your needs.

scott s.