Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Series Naming Format Advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive recently switched over from Mediaportal where ive always used the naming format as follows to scrape my TV series episodes...

TV Series
-------------- Series
----------------------- Season number
------------------------------------------- number - Episode Name.ext

As above, the episode files themselves are usually two digit numbers followed by a hyphen and then the episode name (eg: 01 - Winter is Coming.mkv). This format doesnt seem to be in the list of recognised strings in the kodi scraping xml as I cant download any information no matter which gui settings i change (DVD/Absolute ordering etc).

I have around 40 box sets with 500+ episode files, so changing every episode to a recognised naming format (s01e01 - name.ext) isnt really an option for me. Can anyone give me any pointers as to whether i can add/edit string formats somewhere in kodi, or am i going to have to go the advancedsettings.xml route that the wiki suggests?

Thanks in advance for any help Smile
Never mind, i found the answer now. I found this old thread where a few people had the same naming format as me and they solved it by creating an advancedsettings.xml file in AppData/Roaming/Kodi/userdata and adding the following to the file:

<advancedsettings>

<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

</advancedsettings>

All seems to work well now Smile
Nicely done.