Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to change transparancy of OSD plot info background?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the subject says, can someone point me to the XML and if possible line that I have to change to make the background of the OSD plot info less transparent?
Now the plot info is often hard to read.

Hope someone can help, would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
I'm not so sure this is an .XML edit but more of a 'textures' issue in that it's likely that this background is a .png image and the transparency is locked in the graphic. To change it would be to to obtain the original media images (git), alter to taste and re compile in a textures file TextureTool (wiki) that would be Kodi acceptable. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=201883
Thanks PatK for thinking with me.
Downloaded the skin from git and changed all the grey background files I could find and some menu's changed, but not the OSD plot info transparancy.
Looks like it's defined in one of the XML files.

Anyone else?
Plot in video info use button and this files are used :

media/buttons/button-fo.png

media/buttons/button-nofo.png

But if you change them, all buttons in skin will be change.
A big thank you Guilouz, found that it is the file: dialogbutton-nofo.png in buttons.
For not changing things in the entire skin I created a little less transparent file called: dialogbutton-nofo2.png in buttons and changed line 26 in DialogFullScreenInfo.xml to:

<texture border="40">buttons/dialogbutton-nofo2.png</texture>

Now I got the best of both worlds.

@Guilouz: maybe you can have a look at it, it really looks much better, and implement it in your mod.

Thanks again!

dialogbutton-nofo2.png
Post a screenshot of the result.
watch gallery

first image is after change, second before change: plot hard to read (even more cause image is constantly changing when playing movie or PVR).