Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Compile kodi and set default timezone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, someone can help me to edit kodi source and set italian timezone as default? Any help would be appreciated.
I don't think it's necessary to edit the source to set the default timezone. The default settings are stored in the settings.xml file (in linux the default settings are stored in /usr/share/kodi/system/settings/settings.xml).

On first startup/creation of a new profile the default settings are read from this location and stored in the users guisettings.xml file. So if you modify the settings.xml file you should be able to set the default timezone to Italy (look for locale.timezone and try setting the default value to Italy). While at it, you may want to change some of the other values as well, e.g. change locale.country from USA (12h) to Central Europe.
Try to explain better. I need to create an italian fork of libreelec, so I need to set default timezone directly from sources to create libreelec image. Editing https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Jarvis...ttings.xml I'm able to set italian language as default but not timezone.