Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Logfiles still contain SMB passwords
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys

I believe I read somewhere (here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#...rd_warning) that Kodi should no longer save SMB usernames/passwords in the logs. However, I found out it still does. (Maybe I'm mistaken and this particular one is by design - then please tell me so and further ignore the thread. Wink)

This is from a debug log I just created:
Code:
07:47:53 T:5964   DEBUG: CInputManager::OnKey: ctrl-s (0x1f053) pressed, action is Screenshot
07:47:53 T:5964   DEBUG: Saving screenshot smb://monehtpc:[email protected]/SubsDownloaded/screenshot003.png
07:47:53 T:5964   ERROR: Unable to create file smb://monehtpc:[email protected]/SubsDownloaded/screenshot003.png
07:47:53 T:5972   DEBUG: cached image 'smb://monehtpc:[email protected]/SubsDownloaded/screenshot003.png' size 1920x1080

So far I only noticed it when I'm making screenshots. (It happens a few more times in the log, but only at the creation of a screenshot.)

In other log entries where SMB is used, the username and password are changed to 'USERNAMETongueASSWORD'.

Perhaps it's a good idea to do the same with the screenshot functionality?
This is in a Krypton nightly (Win10) from a few days ago btw.
Should be solved in next nightly build. Thx
Thread marked solved.