Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Syntax changes at nfo for movie set and also import issue at Kodi 16.1 nfo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In case you are not already aware of the latest nfo syntax changes please have a look at

292732 (thread)

I thought first this is changed at Krypton but also Kodi 16.1 nfo files does already contain the <Name> tag at movie sets

Therefore it did not help to delete the tinyMediamanager database again and triggerd a re-import from the directories where the movie files and now Kodi 16.1 nfo files are located. The already viewed check box is correct imported from the nfo but no movie at the db has get one of the existing movie set entries of the nfo files.
I stumbled upon this "feature" few days ago;
Thought it was optional... and Kodi would interpret either way...

...but what you are saying, is, that "old" MovieSet information (created with Kodi 15) cannot be read with Kodi 16(.1)?!?
Did the devs really made a breaking change here?!?
Or do they only "write" in new format? (and read/import correct?)

Need to test the beahaviour of different Kodi versions...

Thx for information!
It might be able that Kodi 16 is still able to read the syntax of Kodi 15 nfos regarding movie sets. I do from time to time create with Kodi 16 and now 17 as a backup an export to nfo files to make sure they contain the latest information. Because I have noticed that tinyMediaManager did not contain all at Kodi existing movie sets which I also like often to rename I did delete the tinyMediaManager database and let tinyMediaManager create from the directories where my movies and nfo files are located everything new. The movies are now again at tinyMediaManager and it did also read the already seen tag from the nfo files but finally I did find at tinyMediaManager not any movie set anymore because it is not able to read the new syntax at the Kodi nfo files.

I do often create at new movies the nfo file with the tinyMediaManager scraper, add the seen check box and want to add the movies also to already existing movie sets before I let Kodi finally import the new movie from the nfo.But this is not comfortable possible if tinyMediaManager is not able to import also that information from Kodi created nfo files to make sure both databases have the same information inside.

What I try to say is if tinyMediaManager does allow to create/update movies sets and can also add movies to existing movie sets the import of the existing information should work in both directions.
Thank you for updating the Movie Set import from current nfo files at version TMM 2.9
Is there a chance that TMM doesn't writes the new _optional_ overview-Tag for movie sets to the info? (Maybe as an option)

I'd like that better because translations for many movie sets don't exist which results in different languages for the set text and i don't use them anyway. Thanks Smile