Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Non-linear stretch on Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have this working? I have tried it on 3 different devices:

- Nexbox A95X running Android 6.0.1
- Galaxy Note running Kit Kat 4.4.4
- Noname Chinese smartphone running Kit Kat 4.4.2

The only result I get is the same as linear stretch ie. the 4:3 video gets stretched to fill the screen but the same distortion or flattening of image is shown equally across the screen.

Although not documented as being desktop only, I can only conclude that this may be the case. The code may have dependency on OpenGL renderer/shading functions which go beyond the capabilities of OpenGL ES on the mobile.

Maybe a developer could confirm whether this is the case and is there any plan to make it work in Kodi 17?

Thanks
Try turning off "mediacodec (surface)" but leaving "mediacodec" on under the video acceleration settings.
Many thanks for the prompt reply. However I tried your suggestion on all devices but did not observe any change.

FYI I have tried videos with different formats (mkv, mp4, avi, mpg), different resolutions (640x480, 960x720) and different codecs (264, xvid, mpeg) with same results.