Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Daydream not working with Kodi on Shield TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On the Shield TV I cannot get Daydream to work even when Kodi is running in the background. I have tried all options for the Kodi screen saver but Daydream will not work until I exit Kodi. I am using v17, beta 2 but I got the same behavior with v16. I posted this in the Shield TV thread and someone recommended disabling Daydream, killing the Daydream process, and then re-enabling Daydream but unfortunately this still does not work for me.
Has anyone else been able to get this to work who might have some ideas for me? Thanks.
It works fine for me with vanilla Kodi on the Shield TV. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you, sorry :\
Thanks for the reply. Maybe I will try to uninstall the few plugins I have. What do you have your Kodi screen saver set to?
Dim for Kodi. System for SPMC.
I seem to have finally figured this out. If you have the "Keep Audio Device Alive" set to "Always", Daydream will never be triggered.
Thanks for the info, daydream finally works for me again!