Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Terrible Interface
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I know there's a lot of power and potential in this product but I can't get over how bad the interface is. I have to wonder if there aren't add-ons or just information that can make this a much better experience. Out of the box (Kodi 16.1 on Android with TV Add-on) is frustrating and unnecessarily difficult to use. I'm a computer technician by trade and not new to this world but I just can't make this product work well for me.

I've looked through the forum but can't find answers - I have a couple of questions if anyone has the time to answer:
* Can you tag movies and TV shows to return to easily? I've tried a couple of add-ons but nothing seems to work - do you really have to search for a move all over again and start buffering all over again every time your device goes to sleep?
* Is there any way to pre-queue a movie or TV show so you don't have to sit and wait for it to buffer - and then watch the device timeout and have to start all over again?

I have many others, but these are the big ones. I'm not sure the add-ons could be any more difficult to work with!

Thanks.
You seem to be referencing the behaviour of a certain video streaming add-on and not Kodi itself.

It is not clear which one you are talking about but you must realise that Kodi does not provide any content.

If you have an issue with a particular add-on then I suggest offering feedback to the developer.
You are failing to understand Kodi is not built around addons. Kodi is primarily a media center to organize a library of your local files. Also have a read at:

kodi.wiki/view/Free_content

kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rules/Banned_add-ons

You are most likely using banned addons which receive zero support here.

Enviado do meu A0001 atrav├ęs de Tapatalk
(2016-10-03, 22:48)dhuhtala Wrote: [ -> ]So I know there's a lot of power and potential in this product but I can't get over how bad the interface is. I have to wonder if there aren't add-ons or just information that can make this a much better experience. Out of the box (Kodi 16.1 on Android with TV Add-on) is frustrating and unnecessarily difficult to use. I'm a computer technician by trade and not new to this world but I just can't make this product work well for me.

I've looked through the forum but can't find answers - I have a couple of questions if anyone has the time to answer:
* Can you tag movies and TV shows to return to easily? I've tried a couple of add-ons but nothing seems to work - do you really have to search for a move all over again and start buffering all over again every time your device goes to sleep?
* Is there any way to pre-queue a movie or TV show so you don't have to sit and wait for it to buffer - and then watch the device timeout and have to start all over again?

I have many others, but these are the big ones. I'm not sure the add-ons could be any more difficult to work with!

Thanks.

Well if you are computer technician, you should understand how streaming works. What would you expect? Press play and it starts playing immediately? C'mon! You are welcome to invent a better way of streaming, ofcourse Smile Smile

You can mark the files, there are favorites, and you can add both local movies and streams to favorites.... press the context menu (or C on keyboard) any choose "add to favorites".

If you mind the sleep - why use it? My android TV box never goes to sleep during PLAYBACK. You can set this however you like.
I believe he is talking about one of those cheap imported fully loaded crap boxes and if I was him I'd return it forthwith and stick with more reliable hardware.