Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI V17 Squashed Video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having a video problem with KODI V17 running on my Android 5.1.1 TV box.

When trying to play TS files (generated by NEXTPVR) the image is squashed with huge black bars top and bottom.
I can manually click "stretch to 16x9" to correct the problem.

I have tried V17 beta 1 and beta 2; same results.
If I reload Jarvis 16.1 the problem goes away.
I believe I read that V17 had a major rewrite to the video player?

I have a PC KODi V17 setup which works fine.
The problem seems to be V17 on my Android box.

I have come across 1 TS file that works OK, but most of them don't.
Something to do with a framesize flag at the start of the file?

I'm curious if anyone can confirm using V17, on an Android with TS files.
Thanx.
Disable nediacodec surface rendering. Video player got a major rewrite, this does not count for the Android part: decoder, render. Those are as is, just kept alive. As you know we don't have a maintainer anymore for it :-(
fritsch

Thanx for your quick reply.
I should first state that I am a noobie to KODI; very little experience.

I tried your suggestion about the "mediacodec" and it did seem to solve the squashed pix.
However, it also introduced a lot of stuttering and buffering.

What would be the problem if I just set the "stretch to 16x9" flag as the default?
A quick test looked like that might solve my problem.

I'm also curious about why the Android part of the player works well in Jarvis, but not Krypton?
I'm under the impression it's the same code?

It does appear that Jarvis is more solid, but as a beginner I thought I would start out with Krypton, since I assume that's where we're headed.
Thanx again for your help.
As said: v17 had no Android dev anymore, we just try to keep it alive until a volunteer picks it up. Things work by luck or not.
Just curious; what platform do most use for KODI?
Android. That's the funny thing. It has by far the most users, but the dev to user ratio is the lowest among all platforms.