Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Which key/button action for DVD menu and root menu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm in the throes of remapping various buttons on my remote control using the list of keyboard controls, an appropriately massaged keymap, and the keymap editor add-on.

But I can't figure out (or perhaps I'm consistently overlooking) how to remap buttons to take me to the DVD menu and to the DVD root menu while playing a DVD (i.e. a complete VIDEO_TS folder complete with the original DVD menu's). Confused The default [M] key fires up the OSD during video playback, but that doesn't take me to the original DVD menu(s).

Which actions/controls should I associate with my remote control buttons to do so?

Tnx!

// FvW
For dvd menu use PlayerControl(ShowVideoMenu), but most skins have a button for that in video osd.
Not sure about root menu, but I don't think there even is a command for that.

edit Basically that action takes you to the last used dvd menu, be it main, root or chapters, depending what you used to start playback.
(2016-10-06, 22:41)host505 Wrote: [ -> ]For dvd menu use PlayerControl(ShowVideoMenu), but most skins have a button for that in video osd.
Not sure about root menu, but I don't think there even is a command for that.
edit Basically that action takes you to the last used dvd menu, be it main, root or chapters, depending what you used to start playback.

After a lot of experimentation late last night I've found several commands and combinations that all bring up the same OSD. I'm using the Xonfluence skin (not sure if that modifies the OSD or not) but now I get a DVD (disc) icon on the right hand side of the OSD that takes me to said menu. Which solves my problem.

Tnx!!

// FvW