Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Canadian IPTV Streams in Kodi's TV Tab
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As I've been looking around the internet, I see a number of people selling shady IPTV addons that enable live streaming of TV stations. Most of them charge for the service, but as I understand it, there isn't actually that much to it.

I don't care about the illegal stuff. What I want to achieve here is to get a list of readily available streams from networks in Canada that offer them. TVA, Global, CBC, etc. These all over players on their websites you can just watch.

It would be nice to be able to get these into Kodi's TV tab with guide data. So, can someone point me in the right direction? From what I can understand I need to generate or find two XML files. One with a channel list which contains the link to the stream, and one with the currently playing and upcoming shows for those channels.

Thanks everyone. And remember, I'm not looking for things like Reboot or Dexter. I just want to be able to get our local stations online streams so we can keep up on events and be able to have something to put on in the background.
I don't believe this exist legally. Some networks offer a back catalog of shows that can be streamed but I don't believe any offer a live stream. Your best bet, depending on where you live, it to get an OTA antenna and tuner.
Unfortunately for me an OTA solution isn't viable. I tried, I'm pretty much in a dead zone.

I know Global and TVA stream their channel, as do a few others. I've got those pages bookmarked in Chrome. Kodi's Simple IPTV client seems like what I need to be working with. I'll keep looking, but if anyone wants to work with me on this, perhaps it could turn into an addon we could put up on the Repo.
If you have bookmark links, then the wiki page on Internet video and audio streams (wiki) may also help you translate those into link files that Kodi can read and use.

At a basic level there isn't much to it as you say, it's just finding suitable legitimate sources in the first place, and then deciding if you just want the streams or if you need more fancy stuff like EPG and a pretty UI.