Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: FOX Sports GO - available in the official repository
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I recently did a clean install of Krypton and began reinstalling the plugins I use most (eliminating some bloat from several upgrades in the last few years with no clean). Now I'm having an issue getting this plugin to activate. I go through the steps and the foxsportsgo site says I've successfully activated it but when I return to kodi it never works and gives me the following in the log...

Quote:10:13:40.285 T:4664 ERROR: PlayMedia could not play media: plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=launch&path=ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.fsgo/",return)
10:15:01.142 T:4496 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: No JSON object could be decoded
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\Program Files\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.fsgo\default.py", line 421, in <module>
authenticate()
File "D:\Program Files\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.fsgo\default.py", line 381, in authenticate
authenticate(reg_code)
File "D:\Program Files\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.fsgo\default.py", line 373, in authenticate
fsgo.login(reg_code)
File "D:\Program Files\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.fsgo\resources\lib\fsgo.py", line 263, in login
if not self.get_access_token(reg_code):
File "D:\Program Files\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.fsgo\resources\lib\fsgo.py", line 104, in get_access_token
reg_dict = json.loads(reg_data)
File "D:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 339, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File "D:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 364, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File "D:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 382, in raw_decode
raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
-->End of Python script error report<--
10:15:01.205 T:4664 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.fsgo/
10:15:01.206 T:4664 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.fsgo/) failed

could anyone help me figure out where my error is coming from? Thanks in advance.

No VPN or any kind of thing like that. Just Unraid, Emby (in an unraid docker), and Kodi.
(2017-02-12, 18:23)japes Wrote: [ -> ]I recently did a clean install of Krypton and began reinstalling the plugins I use most (eliminating some bloat from several upgrades in the last few years with no clean). Now I'm having an issue getting this plugin to activate. I go through the steps and the foxsportsgo site says I've successfully activated it but when I return to kodi it never works and gives me the following in the log...

Quote:10:13:40.285 T:4664 ERROR: PlayMedia could not play media: plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=launch&path=ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.fsgo/",return)
10:15:01.142 T:4496 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
File "D:\Program Files\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.fsgo\default.py", line 421, in <module>
authenticate()
File "D:\Program Files\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.fsgo\default.py", line 381, in authenticate
authenticate(reg_code)
File "D:\Program Files\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.fsgo\default.py", line 373, in authenticate
fsgo.login(reg_code)
File "D:\Program Files\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.fsgo\resources\lib\fsgo.py", line 263, in login
File "D:\Program Files\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.fsgo\resources\lib\fsgo.py", line 104, in get_access_token
File "D:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 339, in loads
File "D:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 364, in decode
File "D:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 382, in raw_decode
10:15:01.205 T:4664 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.fsgo/
10:15:01.206 T:4664 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.fsgo/) failed

could anyone help me figure out where my error is coming from? Thanks in advance.

No VPN or any kind of thing like that. Just Unraid, Emby (in an unraid docker), and Kodi.

Are you able to login using the iPhone/Android app/website? The service is experiencing some hiccups right now.

Quote:{
"code": "500",
"status": "GeneralException",
"message": "UserServices Is Temporarily Unavailable"
}

Edit: Everything seems to be working again.
Hi emilsvennesson. Thank you for this add on
I recently had an issue with geo location and I posted that earlier. I had to do clean install of krypton but now I am unable to activate the addon. I can assure you that the VPN is set to the US but I am getting the activation loop. The debug log still quotes unreliable geo location. I use NBC and ESPN3 with the same VPN and it is fine.

17:58:39.199 T:6416 DEBUG: [fsgolib]: Successfully authenticated to TV provider (DIRECTV)
17:58:39.200 T:6416 DEBUG: [fsgolib]: Request URL: https://media-api.foxsportsgo.com/sessions/registered
17:58:40.002 T:1280 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Pointer.xml) ------
17:58:41.104 T:6416 DEBUG: [fsgolib]: Response code: 403
17:58:41.104 T:6416 DEBUG: [fsgolib]: Response: {"errors":["unreliable-geo-location"]}
17:58:41.106 T:6416 DEBUG: [fsgolib]: Unable to register session. Error(s): unreliable-geo-location
17:58:41.111 T:6416 DEBUG: [fsgolib]: Request URL: https://activation-adobe.foxsportsgo.com...ortGo.init
17:58:41.827 T:6416 DEBUG: [fsgolib]: Response code: 200
17:58:41.828 T:6416 DEBUG: [fsgolib]: Response: {"status": "200","code": "VKHDB9T","requestor": "fs2go","generated": 1486918719342,"expires": 1486920519342}

Please assist
(2017-02-12, 19:14)nelldipsy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi emilsvennesson. Thank you for this add on
I recently had an issue with geo location and I posted that earlier. I had to do clean install of krypton but now I am unable to activate the addon. I can assure you that the VPN is set to the US but I am getting the activation loop. The debug log still quotes unreliable geo location. I use NBC and ESPN3 with the same VPN and it is fine.

17:58:39.199 T:6416 DEBUG: [fsgolib]: Successfully authenticated to TV provider (DIRECTV)
17:58:39.200 T:6416 DEBUG: [fsgolib]: Request URL: https://media-api.foxsportsgo.com/sessions/registered
17:58:41.104 T:6416 DEBUG: [fsgolib]: Response: {"errors":["unreliable-geo-location"]}
17:58:41.106 T:6416 DEBUG: [fsgolib]: Unable to register session. Error(s): unreliable-geo-location
17:58:41.111 T:6416 DEBUG: [fsgolib]: Request URL: https://activation-adobe.foxsportsgo.com...ortGo.init
17:58:41.828 T:6416 DEBUG: [fsgolib]: Response: {"status": "200","code": "VKHDB9T","requestor": "fs2go","generated": 1486918719342,"expires": 1486920519342}

Please assist

Are you able to login if you turn your VPN off? It sure looks like FS GO has blocked your VPN...
(2017-02-12, 18:36)emilsvennesson Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-12, 18:23)japes Wrote: [ -> ]I recently did a clean install of Krypton and began reinstalling the plugins I use most (eliminating some bloat from several upgrades in the last few years with no clean). Now I'm having an issue getting this plugin to activate. I go through the steps and the foxsportsgo site says I've successfully activated it but when I return to kodi it never works and gives me the following in the log...

authenticate()
authenticate(reg_code)
fsgo.login(reg_code)

Are you able to login using the iPhone/Android app/website? The service is experiencing some hiccups right now.

Quote:{
"code": "500",
"status": "GeneralException",
"message": "UserServices Is Temporarily Unavailable"
}

Edit: Everything seems to be working again.

You are correct it's working. Thanks for looking into it even though it was out of your hands. The quick response let me know there was nothing to be done at the moment and to wait for FSGo.
(2017-02-12, 19:31)emilsvennesson Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-12, 19:14)nelldipsy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi emilsvennesson. Thank you for this add on

Please assist

Are you able to login if you turn your VPN off? It sure looks like FS GO has blocked your VPN...

Hi emilsvennesson
The add on seems to work if I switch the VPN off. This is strange...
Please can you explain
hi emilsvennesson, looking for some info regarding building a similar uk based add on, which uses similar cookie authentication etc, cannot PM you, can you please let me know how i can get in touch
(2017-02-12, 20:09)nelldipsy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi emilsvennesson
The add on seems to work if I switch the VPN off. This is strange...
Please can you explain

I'm honestly not sure. This is obviously a VPN problem and discussions of circumventing geo blocks are discouraged on this forum.

(2017-02-14, 16:13)markeymark Wrote: [ -> ]hi emilsvennesson, looking for some info regarding building a similar uk based add on, which uses similar cookie authentication etc, cannot PM you, can you please let me know how i can get in touch

Sure, you can hit me up on IRC (#kodi-dev at irc.freenode.net). Wink
Seems like foxsportsgo is still having issues. My system that I was able to log in the other day when we spoke is fine but now trying to validate the other installs are having the same issue the first one did. I guess I just need to keep trying and hope it works eventually.
(2017-02-14, 19:25)japes Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like foxsportsgo is still having issues. My system that I was able to log in the other day when we spoke is fine but now trying to validate the other installs are having the same issue the first one did. I guess I just need to keep trying and hope it works eventually.

Was it removed from the repository? Kodi told me that it had been marked as having an issue, and asked me if I wanted to remove it. I selected yes, and now I don't see it anymore on the Video Add-ons list to install again.

Edit: Nvm, I see that you can re-enable it in the System Settings -> Add-ons settings.
(2017-02-14, 19:25)japes Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like foxsportsgo is still having issues. My system that I was able to log in the other day when we spoke is fine but now trying to validate the other installs are having the same issue the first one did. I guess I just need to keep trying and hope it works eventually.

Are you still having issues? It works fine for me now.

(2017-02-17, 09:42)mmortal03 Wrote: [ -> ]

Was it removed from the repository? Kodi told me that it had been marked as having an issue, and asked me if I wanted to remove it. I selected yes, and now I don't see it anymore on the Video Add-ons list to install again.

Edit: Nvm, I see that you can re-enable it in the System Settings -> Add-ons settings.

Kodi Krypton is now a requirement. The Jarvis version has been marked as broken (deprecated).
You've jumped the gun there.

Many people cant/wont update to Krypton yet.

All Enigma2 users of Kodi, myself included cannot yet update to Krypton. I just ignored the message and so far everything is still working on Jarvis, but stopping support so quickly is just wrong. More time is required for certain platforms to be able to update.

Just my two penny's worth.

Ian.
(2017-02-18, 10:59)ian1095 Wrote: [ -> ]You've jumped the gun there.

All Enigma2 users of Kodi, myself included cannot yet update to Krypton. I just ignored the message and so far everything is still working on Jarvis, but stopping support so quickly is just wrong. More time is required for certain platforms to be able to update.

Ian.

Yeah, according to the following, Krypton v17 will now require Android 5 Lollipop: https://kodi.tv/kodi17/
(2017-02-18, 10:59)ian1095 Wrote: [ -> ]You've jumped the gun there.

Ian.
Well, I've personally upgraded all my devices to Krypton and my motivation to maintain/backport code to older versions is simply non-existent.

This is an open source project though, so I'd happily create a separate branch for Jarvis if someone else would like to maintain it. :-)
Fair enough and I fully understand the workload involved, maintaining Python code is very time consuming and if your not careful can easily take over all of your free time.

However, as stated, the ability to upgrade to Krypton is still not there for some platforms, Enigma2 being one of those. It will come, but its going to take a little time to do so. How long is like judging how long is the proverbial piece of string, but it will happen eventually.

I was just hoping that many addons, this one especially, might not be as quick to dump Jarvis.

Ian.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13