Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: X96 android box kodi sound issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've made an account specifically to try and find help hoping you all have an answer.

I have the XGODY TV box model X96

Everything on it works perfectly except the sound ONLY in the kodi app. All the other apps have sounds and menu and setting all have sounds. It's not my reciever or projector (I just bought a new surround thinking it was that) when I go on the kodi app the the speaker with a red circle and line through it is on the top of the screen I've gone through all setting and everything nothing works hopefully you guys have an answer or suggestions.

Thanks
Thread moved to Android.

Kodi is muted, so you need to raise the volume. If you can connect a keyboard you can do it with that (F8 to mute/unmute or +/- for volume) or if not there's a volume icon on the OSD too that you can use via a remote or mouse.

See keyboard controls (wiki) and video playback (wiki) for more details.
(2016-10-07, 00:40)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Thread moved to Android.

Kodi is muted, so you need to raise the volume. If you can connect a keyboard you can do it with that (F8 to mute/unmute or +/- for volume) or if not there's a volume icon on the OSD too that you can use via a remote or mouse.

See keyboard controls (wiki) and video playback (wiki) for more details.

I've used the remote that came with the box to turn up the volume bar It goes all the way up yet it's still muted.
Does the box have a USB port that you could connect a keyboard to so that you could use F8?
I had the same problem and it was the F8 key. Tap it and see if the problem resolves itself. I learned that solution from a youtube video.
I found a way around needing a keyboard just using the remote.

Highlight the standby button (bottom left) and press select.

Highlight skin setting and select.

You'll find general settings already highlighted

Click right and highlight (select menu item) press select until you see GLOBAL SKIN OPTIONS
and scroll down until you see (SHOW VOLUME BUTTONS) press select (it should be green now, and volume
Buttons appear at bottom right corner)

Just press the volume increase button and the red icon disappears.
Hi everyone,
I'm hoping this post saves you all the hours of frustration I just experienced. NONE of these solutions worked for me, and none I could found online worked either, however the last post about the skins menu got me half way there. To turn mute off install the skin "Black Glass Nova" which has a built in mute button, (see here for instructions on how: http://xbmc-skins.com/basic-page/how-install-skin)
Once the skin is installed, click the mute button (at the top of the screen) and the problem is fixed.

Why the default skin doesn't have a mute button is completely beyond me!!!
had the same problem and i can confirm changing to Black Glass Nova works.
Thanks meegun