Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi set TV volume to 100% (DLNA/UPNP - Windows)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My problem is, my fresh installed Kodi Krypton beta 3 change my original TV volume to 100% everytime, when i send a movie to TV with DLNA.
I didnt have this problem with Jarvis.
Someone can you help me, what i need to fix this problem ?
What happens when you watch the video, open up the OSD for audio, make an adjustment in volume then save as default for ALL media?
(2016-10-07, 16:37)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]What happens when you watch the video, open up the OSD for audio, make an adjustment in volume then save as default for ALL media?

Same problem, the TV volume dont start from original volume.
I did a fast fix, but not really good solution.
I changed the guisettings.xml fvolume 1.00000 value to 0.15 and my LG TV volume started from 15%, but would be better if starting from original volume.
This worked for me and my Samsung Smart TV. thanks for your solution! Smile
Though it would be nice to exclude the volume setting entirely from the play sequence. I still don't know how to do that Sad
Slight correction, it works, until I touch the volume controls in Kodi (Keypad Minus or Plus), as after changing the volume with those, the new volume setting will be sent to the Smart TV when initiating a play.
Long story short, it seems whatever your Kodi internal volume level is, the same will be set for the DLNA player Smart TV, so you can't have Kodi running on 100% volume on your PC and at the same time on 20% volume on the Smart TV, the volume value is universal. Sad 

This is a design error from my point of view, as it is not reasonable to assume, that I want the volume to be remote-set on external devices. From my point of view, the volume instruction should not be sent at all in the first place, leaving the DLNA player Smart TV's volume setting intact. Similarly as - no matter what I set as Kodi's internal volume (Keypad minus/plus) - Kodi does not change my Windows volume settings when starting a video, it should not change the Smart TV's volume setting either.