Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Halo 1 launches when Halo 2 should
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The title basically explains my problem. I updated to the latest T3CH release (10-21) and tried to play Halo 2. When I click the "Play" button, Halo 1 launches instead. However, Ghost Recon 2 autoloads with no problem. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the newest release because I haven't been on Xlink Kai in a while. I just decided to play today and noticed the problem.

If it matters, here's how I updated XBMC today:

-Renamed existing XBMC folder to XBMC.old
-Uploaded new XBMC folder
-Transferred the /userdata folder from the old XBMC version into the new one.
-Deleted the /database folder under /userdata (so that XBMC rescans everything)

That's how I updated XBMC. I did not touch anything in the TDATA or UDATA folders.

The only workaround I have is to enter the arena, then back out and launch Halo 2 manually.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

-Matt
I did notice on my Kai*.xml file (i dont remember the full name, but its the only kai file in the userdata folder) the 0x******** tag was incorrect for Halo 2, I believe it was a 0 instead of a 6 for the 3rd last digit (but dont quote me on that), you can check the correct tag should be by looking at the game saves (settings > information > game saves) and under list view it displays the correct one on the icon. I believe what may have happened is that the Halo 2 tag got changed at some point because a while ago i didnt have these problems.
Also Kai scans the game saves to determine installed games, not the program db
Thanks for the explanation on Kai scanning the game saves.

I don't see a file with "kai" in the name. Can you tell me exactly where it is in the \userdata folder because I don't see it. Just so we're clear, we're talking about the \XBMC\Userdata folder right? Not some other folder in TDATA or UDATA?
Kai-vectors.xml is in the xbmc\userdata folder, but I just checked my back up and it isnt in there, but it is my version currently on my xbox (09/23/07) anyway feel free to PM me and I will send you a copy, not sure if it will work with your version tho. I just a note about the gamesaves, sometimes you have to play a system link game before the game will show up in the kai games list even if you happen to have a single player save on your HDD.
I sent you a PM.

I checked my last XBMC folder and it didn't have a kai file either. Also, I remember a post a while back for people who had this same problem. It turned our that the kai-vectors file was no longer needed. So maybe it's not supposed to be there? I'm really not sure. But if the dev team got rid of it then I'm not sure how I fix this problem on my end.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks.
I'm sure it may not meant to be there either, I just know it is there on the current build im using, but on a lower version (the backup i have on my PC) it isnt. Anyway I will go fire up my xbox in the bedroom, the one in my living room just has a edited version of it (i deleted all the game entries in there that i didnt own). Will email you shortly.
You were right jakejm79, the Halo 2 vector ID got changed somehow. THe kai-vector file wasn't in my userdata because it's made after installation. I guess I didn't wait long enough. During the first loading of Kai, I think it scans the gamesaves and then creates the file. I did exactly what you said: open the game saves manager, write down the ID and then add it to the kai-vextors.xml file.

Many thanks.
matt11601 Wrote:You were right jakejm79, the Halo 2 vector ID got changed somehow. THe kai-vector file wasn't in my userdata because it's made after installation. I guess I didn't wait long enough. During the first loading of Kai, I think it scans the gamesaves and then creates the file. I did exactly what you said: open the game saves manager, write down the ID and then add it to the kai-vextors.xml file.

Many thanks.

That would explain why it wasnt in my backup version, I hadnt used xlink since my last upgrade.
I had the same problem followed your directions and replaced the mis assigned id # in kai-vectors.xml and now it launches H2 killtrocity maps instead of Halo 2, anyone have any ideas?
I figured it out I deleted my programs database file and let xbmc recreate the file and it now works properly