Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Simple Favourites - defeats addons that hide the context menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
The context menu feature is installed but
In some addons it doesn't appear...

And those addons i cant list em here as its a forum rule :/
(2017-01-02, 03:23)eskro Wrote: [ -> ]The context menu feature is installed but
In some addons it doesn't appear...

And those addons i cant list em here as its a forum rule :/

Use the Add menu. The context menu can be defeated by sneaky addons.
Can I be so rude and ask for a feature? Smile

I use both Windows on my ultrabook and on my android TV box, so the paths are always different... could you please implement a fueature to translate pahs from kodi special paths - i.e. I want to specify plugin:// or special:// or screenshots:// in fanart.txt and icon.txt...

That way I could use same config on android and windows.... Smile

THANX!
(2017-01-23, 21:44)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]Can I be so rude and ask for a feature? Smile

I use both Windows on my ultrabook and on my android TV box, so the paths are always different... could you please implement a fueature to translate pahs from kodi special paths - i.e. I want to specify plugin:// or special:// or screenshots:// in fanart.txt and icon.txt...

That way I could use same config on android and windows.... Smile

THANX!

I think it should work with special:// paths because I always use xbmcvfs if I can.

There are only 2 places in the code that use the xbmc.translatePath function and that is for the zip file download.

Did you try it with special paths?
Ah, sorry it works, I forgot I must erase all cache (in kodi temp/cache folder) Smile Would it work in favorites.xml as wellHuh
(2017-01-23, 22:10)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, sorry it works, I forgot I must erase all cache (in kodi temp/cache folder) Smile Would it work in favorites.xml as wellHuh

Maybe. Try. Wink

I don't know if its possible to translate paths that are picked by the Image Picker dialog back into special paths, so you'll have to edit them by hand for now. If you find out let me know.
No it doesn't seem to be working, but it's not a big deal I have only some addons in favorites, important that it works for icons and fanart

Thanx
I am having a problem with this when I add a link to video to favorites and click it will start the video but if I stop then video it takes me back to video list but immediately begins loading the video again
(2017-01-28, 22:54)playonmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]I am having a problem with this when I add a link to video to favorites and click it will start the video but if I stop then video it takes me back to video list but immediately begins loading the video again

It depends on how the addon you make a link to plays the video. There are many ways to do it in Kodi.
Things to try are adding or removing a return parameter to ActivateWindow or using PlayMedia.

You might need to use Video Favourites as that makes simpler direct links to other addons.
Tried the Video Favorites and the link wouldn't play at all will have to play around with it some more Thx for the suggestion
(2017-01-29, 00:14)playonmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Tried the Video Favorites and the link wouldn't play at all will have to play around with it some more Thx for the suggestion

One thing I just thought of was that some addons give you the option to show the results in a dialog box or a normal list view. You could experiment with that.
Hi..been looking trough this Simple favourites addon for a while..but stuck...I got few playlists added to simple favourites folder whicj I use as a widget with xonfluence skin...My big question is how should I edit the favourite.xml so that my playlists play automatically when clicked on not open the content..thanks for any help...
(2017-02-06, 17:24)mariofenech Wrote: [ -> ]Hi..been looking trough this Simple favourites addon for a while..but stuck...I got few playlists added to simple favourites folder whicj I use as a widget with xonfluence skin...My big question is how should I edit the favourite.xml so that my playlists play automatically when clicked on not open the content..thanks for any help...

I only use Confluence so I don't know how xonfluence does it.
The bit of code that launches the url is here:
https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.prog...ain.py#L95

You'll have to work out which of the many ways Kodi launches urls is right for you.
Maybe ActivateWindow needs a return parameter.
There are also the Play* and Run* functions.
Have a look in here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/list_of_built-in_functions
Thanks for reply...playmedia is working and playlist is playing from widget...I done it this way PlayMedia("special://profile/playlists/video/name_of_playlist.m3u&quotWink but for some reason besides playing the playlist the command is calling the Video menu even that I m playing the playlist from home screen trough the widget...with or without the 10000 return it does same thing..return is only working with activatewindow.thanks for any help
So I think I'm missing something. I added the addon I want to use thru the Add Menu, but it still wont let me Add anything to favorites thru the addon setup as a Widget. I've read that it has some code written into it to prevent it. I've tried Super Favorites and it also wont work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11