Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scraping TV Shows - issue with folders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I always had my shows separated between "Air" and "Box", according to the source (TV or retail). Previously I had two distinct sources set up, like this:

Source 1: Air on storage; Path: /var/media/storage/TV/Air/
Source 2: Box on storage; Path: /var/media/storage/TV/Box/

and inside each path, a farly typical structure: /var/media/storage/TV/Box/ShowX/Season.01/ShowX.S01E01.mkv and so on.

No excludes, recursive scan and of course no "Folder contains a single TV Show".

I have now tried to change my setup in two ways: adding another storage device with the same structure and merging each device's Air and Box folders into a single source (I am running Kodi 17 beta and using the TVDB standard scraper),

The issue I am having is that for certain shows (probably where no .nfo file is found) the scraper tries to process files (episodes) as if they belonged to the "Air" (apparently an anime) or "Box" (detected as Black Box) show, instead of the one they actually belong to. Here's a log snippet which should make the issue clear:

Code:
09:10:32 121157.203125 T:1480586144   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for '/var/media/storage/TV/Air/WellKnownShow/Season.25/wellknownshow.2501.mp4'
09:10:32 121157.203125 T:1480586144   DEBUG: OnProcessSeriesFolder - no match for show: 'Air', season: 25, episode: 1.0, airdate: '31-12-1969', title: ''

This issue is new to me, so I am wondering whether it was caused by a change in Kodi, in the scraper or by my attempt to merge Air and Box into one source (although I can't see the connection).

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance! Smile
Make sure that in the context menu for the folder structure that the "this folder contains a single TV show" is only set at the level where that is true.

By default that flag is set at the level below the root folder of the source. But in more complex or deep cases it sometimes needs to be tweaked it you have further layers between the top level and the folder level where the individual shows are contained.

Also depending on how you had it set up before, check if you now have NFO files in your source which are no longer valid and correct due to your changes and may need removing or updating.
Hi Darren, thanks a lot for your reply!

I never fiddled with the "Single TV Show" setting, so I guess I always relied on the default behavior. In other words, I made sure that Single Show wasn't set in the source setup, but I never set it or unset it in folders. Is it possible that when a source includes several folders, the default behaviour is different or that it's applied to the common portion of the path? I hope I explained myself decently, but I'll make an example.

Scenario 1: one source, one folder. The folder is /var/media/storage/TV/Air/. The "Single TV Show" setting is unset in the source configuration, so it gets automatically set as you described in folders /var/media/storage/Air/TVShow1, /var/media/storage/TV/Air/TVShow2 and so on.

Scenario 2: one source, two folders. The folders are /var/media/storage/TV/Air/ and /var/media/storage/TV/Box/ . The "Single TV Show" setting is unset in the source configuration, so it gets either never automatically set, or set in folder /var/media/storage/TV/, which would be a problem.

About NFO files, generally speaking they are scene files with no relation to my setup or structure, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Looking at your debug log it looks like you've set content on the /var/media/storage/TV folder so kodi is looking in that folder for tv shows - it sees the 'Air' folder and looks for a tv show called 'Air.'
That's how it works (as I understand it anyway) - you need to set content 1 level above your actual show folders. You're 2 above.
What he said Wink

Make sure the flag is set at the TVShow1 level and not the air or box level. You're a level too high, so it's looking for shows called sir and box and trying to scrape everything into those two shows.
Thank you both for your replies!

trogggy, I understand it may look that way, but I haven't set content at the /var/media/storage/TV/ level. I have created a source called Shows On Storage, which includes two folders: /var/media/storage/TV/Air/ and /var/media/storage/TV/Box/.

Going back to my original log snippet, historically Kodi and the scraper have been able to correctly identify a file like

/var/media/storage/TV/Air/WellKnownShow/Season.25/wellknownshow.2501.mp4

and add it to WellKnownShow, without any NFO files. Now it seems /Air/, instead of /WellKnownShow/, is taken as the clue for processing. Does what I wrote in my previous post make any sense? Is it possible that I just need to split Air and Box again? The thing (which I forgot to mention earlier) is that the issue is not systemic: most shows are correctly classified even after a couple of cycles of Clean/Update Library (to make sure they're processed with the new setup).
Quick update: I double checked and the "Single Show" option is set as you guys suggested it should be: off in the source settings, therefore automatically active on each show folder. I guess I'll try spltting Air and Box into two separate sources again and see if the problem solves itself.