Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: {Windows 10 Store UWP]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,

I got referred to this section of forums so here we go:

My intial question:

Hi i am using Kodi 17 (Windows store) and when i try to launch the steam app i get an error that says the kodi location is wrong. Can anyone tell me where i can find the Windows 10 store kodi.exe or a work arround?

Then Teeedubb replyed:

Quote:Not sure about Kodi but other uwp apps (Forza, Halo) use a command along he lines of shell:forza......
That won't work with the add-on, you'll need to create a batch file to run that command and point the add-on to that.
Best to start a new thread in windows support section to find out the command to launch uwp Kodi.

Can anyone even explain to me how i make this work? I was unable to find any information on the forums with diffrent searches or even by googling the subject.

with kind regards,

Extace
This may be what you are looking for?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/...s_to_steam

or you should be able to click run and type the following: "shell:AppsFolder" without quotes and it will list your apps, should be able to create a shortcut from here.
Thanks for the quick reply! Ill go check it out immediately when i get home.
Let us know what the outcome is!
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the verry late reply but some personal matters came up and i was unable to respond.

1. Reddit post: (Diddent really understand any of this, so this might be the way to go but i could not get it working probaly because of my failing.)

2. or you should be able to click run and type the following: "shell:AppsFolder" without quotes and it will list your apps, should be able to create a shortcut from here. (I tryed this and i get an error that the addon cant find the kodi.exe even if i link it directly to the shortcut.

Again sorry for late reply hopefull somone can explain step 1 a bit better a bit more detailed guide would be appreciated since im not very good with this kinda stuff but i would to play my games from my HTPC.

Thx
extace
(2016-10-25, 18:55)Kib Wrote: [ -> ]Try this: https://mspoweruser.com/uwphook-lets-you...mes-steam/

This is not solving my issue, i think there is no .exe kodi file anymore so it wont work.
The EXE file that is installed with the Windows Store installation of Kodi is located at "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_16.9.808.0_x86__4n2hpmxwrvr6p\kodi.exe"

The node starting with XBMCFoundation***** may be different on your machine depending on when you installed it.

I have not been able to get that location to work with a startup of Kodi at Windows boot. Any help would be appreciated.
Ok ppl, i found a way.

1. Create a shortcut from kodi to your desktop
2. winkey+R and type: shellConfusedtartup or shell:common startup (last one is used for multiple accounts)
3. A window will now open.
4. Drag the created shortcut into the windows and kodi will now launch on startup.