Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [SOLVED] EPG search does not work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am not sure if anyone else has the same problem but I can't seem to find anything on the net about this issue.

I am running Kodi 16.1 / LibreELEC 7.0.2 on Cubox-i4x4 with tvheadend 4.0.9. Live TV works fine (except the issue with recordings playback for which I posted a thread).

The problem is that EPG search does not work at all. If I go to TV->Search or Guide->Sidebar menu->Search, a screen comes up listing two partitions of my USB attached hard drive. There is no way to search anything. See image below for photo of the screen that comes up.

watch gallery

I also attempted to run the pvrguidesearch window using iPhone remote. Window comes up, I type something in, click "Search", window goes away and nothing happens.

Anyone have a clue how to fix this? Could it be related to some add on or is it related to the distribution of Kodi I am running or is it something else? Please help, I finally found a "perfect" distro and this is one of only two things that don't work. Thank you in advance.
This is a known issue and fixed with Kodi 17 Krypton.
Thank you. I did not know about it. I will test another image with Kodi 17 and see if the issue is fixed.
Hello, I tried Kodi 17 and the exact same issue happened. So it's not Krypton vs Jarvis. It's something specific.

Anyone got an idea how to fix this?
You have to use a very recent Krypton nightly build. This issue has been fixed after release of beta 3.
I don't think I can do that because I like running LibreELEC and in order to run the LibreELEC on Cubox I need a special kernel 3.14 version of LibreELEC for imx6 that doesn't have Krypton later than beta 3. I'll check on LibreELEC forum to see what I can get.
I fixed this issue by backporting a fix for Krypton to Jarvis. See this post: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2478537

I consider this issue fixed for me.