Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xTV - add 'TV Shows' window link to Home.xml
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

sorry for the cryptic title, i did not really know how to name this simply. Also sorry for creating a new thread, but I've asked questions in the other (dedicated) thread, and because of the frequency of posting by other people with other questions, mine got burried and subsequently lost...

So there it is:

I don't use the Library function, which confuses the hell out of me, and from what I understand would not really work with the way I organise my files. But I do have a big collection of TV Shows, and would like to make use of the 'TV Shows' home menu option.

I have altered the 'Home.xml' so that selecting 'TV Shows' brings you to the correct network share where all my shows are stored, but I have 2 problems with this solution:

1. cosmetic, the 'Movies' icon comes up at the top of the screen. Would be nice if the TV Shows icon cold show up instead
2. for the TV Shows to be accessible via the Home menu with the Home.xml trick, I need to have a 'TV' source setup, which means this source also appears in the 'Movies' menu. I would like the two to be separate.

I figured the simplest solution would be to create a new window with a new ID and customise the Home.xml so that selecting 'TV Shows' brings this new window, which would have its own sources and layout.

So in short I would like to know if that is at all feasible, and if so could someone point me in the right direction ? I'm not too bad fiddling around with code even though I have very little experience or training. It's just that I've been looking and cannot find for instance where from the Movies window ID is called!

So any help very much appreciated Nod
etien Wrote:1. cosmetic, the 'Movies' icon comes up at the top of the screen. Would be nice if the TV Shows icon cold show up instead

2. for the TV Shows to be accessible via the Home menu with the Home.xml trick, I need to have a 'TV' source setup, which means this source also appears in the 'Movies' menu. I would like the two to be separate.

I figured the simplest solution would be to create a new window with a new ID and customise the Home.xml so that selecting 'TV Shows' brings this new window, which would have its own sources and layout.
1. No, if that was possible I would have done that all ready.

2. Make the "Movies" button open the source with your movies in it. No you can't just make a new window and have it display the kind of media you want, or any media at all.
thanks chief.

My Movies menu already displays the movies sources, which include the tv shows too. I guess what I was after was basically a second, separate, Movies menu with other sources and a different icon... And I thought it could be done through a Custom xml.
What you need to do is make the Movies button open the source containing you movies and the TV Show button open your TV show source. If you do this correctly you shouldn't see a screen with your sources listed. Each button should lead straight to a view showing the apropriate files. That part should be easy.

As for the Movies text and logo while viewing TV shows under files view, check out post #1499 on this page:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?s...41&st=1485

I haven't tried it to see if it works, but it sounds like what you are looking for.

@CHI3f - Can you verify if that code solves the TV logo problem in files view?
Thanks RockDawg, but slight misunderstanding:

my TV Shows button does open the TV Shows source! My problem was the TV Shows source also appears when the Movies button is selected. I know it's not a big problem, just one of the very very few things that don't work correctly with XBMC/xTV...

I'll have a look at that link.
As long as you have seperate sources for movies and TV Shows you don't have to have it work that way. You should be able to have the Movies button open directly to your movies source.

I would gues that you onclick event for the movies button looks something like this:

Code:
ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles)

That would take you to your video sources and not directly open one. If your movies source is named Movies then you should make it read:

Code:
ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,Movies)

It's the same as you did for the TV button except you replace the TV source name with whatever your source name is for your movies share. What did you change for the TV button?
I had not thought of that, thanks for the pointer. I'll give it a go, although it will not be as straight forward as my movies are classified alphabetically in folders named a, b, c, etc.

Is there a way to have several sources after the ActivateWindow command?
or, come to think of it, a way to exclude one bookmark since I have 29 (1 for each letter, plus one for digits and one for "new" items, and then one for tv shows), and only want to exclude the tv bookmark from my Movies ActivateWindow.
I am new to this, and have gone through the forums trying to solve this.

Don't like the library mode - confuses the hell out of me and my wife.

All I want is the Movies menu button to go straight to my movies folder on my NAS drive and the TV Shows menu button to go straight to my tv shows folder on my NAS drive. I tried to follow the link on the other forum #1499 - but that made absolutely no difference. This is what I currently have in the home.xml file:

<icon>icon-video.png</icon>
<thumb>icon-video-blur1.png</thumb>
<include>10001</include>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,smb\\:networkdrive\videos\Movies)</onclick>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(movie-library)</visible>
</item>
<item>
<icon>icon-tv.png</icon>
<thumb>icon-tv-blur1.png</thumb>
<include>10010</include>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,smb\\:networkdrive\videos\TV Shows)</onclick>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(tv-library)</visible>

This does not seem to work either - what am I doing wrong?

Hopefully some kind user out there can suggest what I need to change - in a very clear way.

Many thanks.
Hey i'm using the xbms for streaming stuff, so you have only to fit this for samba Smile good luck
Code:
                <item>
                    <include>10001</include>
                    <onclick>ActivateWindow(10024,xbms://user:[email protected]:1400/Videos/Filme)</onclick>
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(movie-library)</visible>
                </item>
                <item>
                    <include>10001</include>
                    <onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,MovieTitles)</onclick>
                    <visible>Skin.HasSetting(movie-library)</visible>
                </item>
                <item>
                     <icon>icon-tv.png</icon>
                     <thumb>icon-tv-blur1.png</thumb>
                    <include>10010</include>
                    <onclick>ActivateWindow(10024,xbms://user:[email protected]:1400/Videos/Serien/)</onclick>
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(tv-library)</visible>
                </item>