Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie information.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hallo.

So i now moved my kodi to my chrome box, and everything is working perfect.
I have my movies on my NAS and i did import then to kodi library.
But on my MAC running kodi there is a feature i can't find on chrome box running kodi.
When i go into movies and click a movie i instant get the movie information on my mac. showing imdb and so on.
If i want to see that on my chrome box, i first need to click the movie and then the file to see the information.

I will upload a picture and i hope it makes sense.
Anybody knows how i get the movie information when i click the movie fan art?

I assume you haven't scanned them on your chromebox?
(2016-10-19, 09:55)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]I assume you haven't scanned them on your chromebox?

Sorry if i did't inform good enough.
My english spelling is not the best.
Yeah i did scan on my chromebox. i scanned my shared folder on my NAS on my chromebox and all the files and art work is coming down fine. Using universal movie scraper.
But when i click the movie thumbnail /fanart i go to the folder and then i need to click the file before it shows the movie information.

When i do this on my mac where i first tested kodi out before getting the chromebox i just need to click the movie thumbnail and the movie information shows up.
I tried both clicking the and uncheck the option "my folders movies are in separate folders that match the movie name"
Here is a video of what i am dealing with.
Might be easier for you guys to understand when you can see it.

https://youtu.be/nMEQxEAK1xo
Is this happening with a different skin as well? I don't see why that would be any difference to by quite honest, but I've learned not te make any assumptions when dealing with software :-)
i just tried switching to Rapier skin and now the section Movies works fine.. but now when i make a second category called kids movies opening using favorits it's the same as last time?
Maybe it is just that way when using favorites?.
Try creating a smart playlist or custom library node and add that as a favourite instead of adding the path directly.
(2016-10-19, 11:26)Fighter88 Wrote: [ -> ]i just tried switching to Rapier skin and now the section Movies works fine.. but now when i make a second category called kids movies opening using favorits it's the same as last time?
Maybe it is just that way when using favorites?.
So it is a skin related thing Confused Strange

Anyway, when I separated the movies for kids, adults and concerts I made three folders on the NAS. Created smart playlist based on the location of the folder (path starts with....). Added those smartplaylist as a source (this is a guess by the way. It' s been a while) and scanned them to the library.