Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot play certain mp4 videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I posted this already on the LibreELEC forum, but since this may be related to Kodi I will post it here as well:

I'm running LibreELEC Version 7.0.2 on a RPI3. Kodi 16.1 Git:c327c53.

Up until now I had no problems playing all sorts of videos but now I have a number of .mp4 videos that do not play (the sound is OK however). The screen displays part of the image (with washed out colours) with the rest noise. These files can all be played using VLC or SMPlayer on Fedora.
Mpeg license key is installed.

This is the info of mediainfo:
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41)
File size : 29.6 MiB
Duration : 2mn 21s
Overall bit rate : 1 756 Kbps
Movie name : 10154022389196638
Encoded date : UTC 1904-01-01 00:00:00
Tagged date : UTC 1904-01-01 00:00:00
Writing application : Lavf56.4.101

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 2mn 21s
Bit rate : 1 705 Kbps
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 1 280 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 0.562
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 30.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.062
Stream size : 28.7 MiB (97%)
Writing library : x264 core 142
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=10 / psy=0 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=24 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=30 / lookahead_threads=5 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=8 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=90 / keyint_min=9 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=60 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=27.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=2500 / vbv_bufsize=5000 / crf_max=0.0 / nal_hrd=none / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=2:1.00
Encoded date : UTC 1904-01-01 00:00:00
Tagged date : UTC 1904-01-01 00:00:00

Logfile:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/23344011

Thanks for your help.
Apparently this has something to do with the resolution of these files (780x1280).
I converted this file to 1920x1080 and that plays without a problem...
As I have only a small number of these files I will convert them all...
And Video is recorded in 30 fps i can't see where you are from so but in Denmark we use 25 or 50 but its a long shot i have played video in kodi running 8 fps so properly not that unless you converted the video after you no no it from a no no site Smile and Audio and Video is not synced then you get what you described
Just a heads i would stop talking now because no i am mendling again i Would Read the piracy rules m8 but since i just saw 2 post your problem audio and video is not in sync so one gets left behind trying to catch up it will produce that error I can't help you much more because it its as i said a no no file you fl from a no no site i would get banned for telling and ill stop talking my self you have a sync problem now go read the rules Smile
If these are legal no no's ignore my comment about you dl them from a well you get my point, and just a heads up although most browser can dl from videosites like Youtube its not legal to do so same as well need no further explanation you have my an-swear and since Ronie is Searching the forums he will right here so read the rules and ill stop telling you this Ronie will prop be here i a sec ask him he knows better then me so later m8
(2016-10-19, 22:21)kimkl Wrote: [ -> ]If these are legal no no's ignore my comment about you dl them from a well you get my point, and just a heads up although most browser can dl from videosites like Youtube its not legal to do so same as well need no further explanation you have my an-swear and since Ronie is Searching the forums he will right here so read the rules and ill stop telling you this Ronie will prop be here i a sec ask him he knows better then me so later m8

Dude, I have read the rules.
I have no banned addons and I got these files from a friend's facebook account. He recorded those videos with his smartphone, so nothing illegal about that...
(2016-10-19, 22:10)kimkl Wrote: [ -> ]Just a heads i would stop talking now because no i am mendling again i Would Read the piracy rules m8 but since i just saw 2 post your problem audio and video is not in sync so one gets left behind trying to catch up it will produce that error I can't help you much more because it its as i said a no no file you fl from a no no site i would get banned for telling and ill stop talking my self you have a sync problem now go read the rules Smile

I don't know where you get that audio and video is not in sync because the are. As I've stated earlier, the resolution is the problem. This has been confirmed on the LibreELEC forum.
MP4 is just a container file format, make sure that MP4 is encoded with the following codec supported by Kodi: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, H.263, MPEG-4 SP and ASP, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), H.265 (as from Kodi 14) HuffYUV, Indeo, MJPEG, RealVideo, RMVB, Sorenson, WMV, Cinepak.