Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No sound output at 44.1khz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AMP = Pioneer SC-LX58 AVR
Graphics Card = AMD RX-460
CPU = Intel i5 CPU
Kodi v16

Hi Guys, I have recently upgraded my system to an AMD RX-460 and for the past few weeks my system has been playing music, movies etc fine. But just recently my graphic card drivers updated and now when trying to play sounds such as music (FLAC or MP3) with a sampling rate of 44.1khz I get no sound output to my speakers through my amplifier (model listed above).

My settings in Kodi are WASAPI with passthrough enabled which I get no sound output, but if I set it to fixed sampling mode and set 48khz, music will play fine. If I change the settings from WASAPI to Directsound the music also plays fine. If I leave WASAPI at fixed mode and set 48Khz, when playing BluRay films it does not passthrough DTS:MA and shows PCM.

I have removed and re-installed graphics card drivers as well as rolled back the graphics driver to the one that previously worked but the problem persists. Exclusive mode is enabled under windows sound control panel and set this to 24bit 192khz. With the default sound output being the AMD Card.

My setup is as follows PC HDMI > Pioneer AVR HDMI input > Samsung TV.

Also Realtek HD audio drivers were installed on this machine I have uninstalled them via the control panel and device manager but maybe they are still in the system conflicting somewhere?

I suspect this is a driver issue but not sure which one? Any advice grateful.

Thank you.
Same problem here with some streams and videos.
Must have fixed to get sound.

NO SOUND

Audio
ID : 256 (0x100)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format version : Version 4
Format profile : LC
Muxing mode : ADTS
Codec ID : 15
Bit rate mode : Variable
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : -16ms

SOUND

Audio
ID : 257 (0x101)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format version : Version 4
Format profile : LC
Muxing mode : ADTS
Codec ID : 15
Bit rate mode : Variable
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : -21ms
This in .asoundrc in Kodi homedir fixed the problem

pcm.!default {
type hw
card 0
device 7
rate 48000
}

Values maybe needs to be changed for other hardware than mine.