Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New skin made KODI unusable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

So I was playing around with some add-ons, and I installed one called "unity talk", it also changed the skin. Now when run KODI the graphics are all messed up, so I can't navigate to settings to get rid of the new skin. KODI is unusable. I reinstalled to see if that would reset the skin, it didn't. I don't want to fully delete and reinstall KODI because I don't want to lose all my library settings (watched films, ect.) is there a way I can delete the skin from the folder itself? Any advice?

Thanks
Huh
Uninstall Kodi, browse to your userdata folder and delete it. Re-install and good to go.

*EDIT*
Windows - C:\Users\Yournamehere\AppData\Roaming\Kodi
Quick google search shows this addon being quite popular with the sites that like to advertise illegal streaming addons, so I'm ASSUMING this addon is one as well. Stay away from the illegal streaming as not only is it crap reliability/quality, they have a tendency to really bork your kodi install (as you are now aware Tongue )
When kodi isn't running:
Navigate to your userdata folder.
Open guisettings.xml
Find where the active skin is listed and replace skin.xyz with skin.confluence - start kodi (you'll be running confluence) and make your changes.

Edit: unless you're running krypton, in which case it would be skin.estuary (you can use the id of any skin that's already installed, confluence / estuary are the defaults)
(2016-10-20, 16:14)trogggy Wrote: [ -> ]When kodi isn't running:
Navigate to your userdata folder.
Open guisettings.xml
Find where the active skin is listed and replace skin.xyz with skin.confluence - start kodi (you'll be running confluence) and make your changes.

Good to know, +1
You might also want to just look on the banned add-on (wiki) list, at which point you will see Xunity / XunityTalk (Xunity Talk) listed there.

We don't just keep that list for our own amusement... Wink
Thanks everyone for helping me fix the mess I made! I really appreciated it. I edited the guisettings.xml as "troggy" suggested, then I could uninstall the add on.

Thanks for the tips FailStyle and DarrenHill, I will be more careful in the future with my experimentation.

Thank you!

Big Grin