Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Odroid C2 - LiveTV 1080i mpeg-2 issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I'm putting my new Odroid C2 through it's paces to see if it can become a full-time media centre for me. I've got RPi2s that work really well. I was looking for a slightly snappier GUI experience with the C2. Obviously, there are going to be issues with new boxes such as this... like troubles with 1080i mpeg-2 Live and recorded TV.

To watch Live TV, I need to pause playback for a couple of seconds and then resume playback; the buffer seems to help. If I don't do that, then I'll get a few seconds of good playback then over the course of 15 seconds or so, the video will first skip a couple frames, then the video will freeze while audio continues, and lastly, the audio and video will freeze.
debug log

Skipping back and forth while watching live TV just freezes video (and sometimes audio). Skipping while watching recorded 1080i causes the same thing. Here is a debug log. After the 3rd skip, the video froze, 2 seconds later the audio froze.
debug log

Other things of note:
  • In these logs I'm using a version of LE I compiled myself from the top of master to add support for a PL2303 dongle. I also used 7.90.007 and had the same issues.
  • I receive one OTA channel in 720p. I haven't had any issues with it yet.
  • I use MythTV on my server and it serves up perferct 1080i to my RPis and Windows/Ubuntu desktop.

I'm really looking forward to the C2 being my main media centre...
Mine is working perfectly, but is on "LibreELEC (WRXTASY) Version: 7.1.0".
Cool! That works for me. @wrxtasy even added the PL2303 support I needed.

I roll back my Milhouse testbuilds on my RPis to stable Jarvis, I guess.

Edit: I now see there is a Krypton "As Is" release at the Odroid forums. It's lists videos issues such as I was having.