Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC reaches 1.0 Beta, bug bash kick-off!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
xbmc reaches 1.0 beta, bug bash kick-off!

we are happy to announce the current xbmc cvs as 1.0 beta ready, thus our first official public bug bash has begun. as the time has come when xboxmediacenter finally starting to reach maturity we also like to declare that the era of xboxmediaplayer is over. the king is dead, long live the king! it's now time for xbmc to take the throne from its predecessor, so from today we officially do not support or develop xbmp any more; the xbmp forums will still be kept open but unmoderated, and development will only done on xbmc from now on. for those who missed it, xbmc/xboxmediacenter is our successor to xbmp/xboxmediaplayer, (yes both are/were developed by ourselves, the xbmp/xbmc-team), we have been working very hard on xbmc over the past 6 months and to show its readiness we have put together this xbmc vs. xbmp comparison chart, (which we will also try to keep up to date in the future).

xbmc now being beta also means we need the publics help with xbmc, as now more than ever do we need people to update/translate strings.xml to other languages, find/troubleshoot bugs and submit them as detailed bug reports on sourceforge.net bug tracker, we of course also welcome other developers to help us of solve and submit fixes to those bugs. know that we have now issued an official feature freeze during this beta stage so as to not introduce new bugs into the cvs code and also to let skinners catch up with the existing skin structure. so any new features coded during this beta stage should (preferably) not be introduced into the cvs before the source code for xbmc 1.0 (final) point release been set. only with your help can we get the first xbmc 1.0 release candidate ready in a matter of weeks.

to clarify all this for those who are new to this process and/or the xbmc-project:
- first was the alpha stage, which we now passed (during this stage loads of features were added and code was very buggy).
- now we are at the beta stage which comes before release candidates, during this stage we mostly concentrate on major bugs.
- then after the beta stage is over there will be release candidate(s) to be heavily tested to find small bugs and iron out details.
- after and when we are satisfied with last release candidate we will fix any last glitches and release that as the 1.0 point release.
note! for those who are new to xbmc, cvs (concurrent versions system) refers to the most current (day by day) source code.

ps! please do not post bugs, feature suggestion or support requests in this topic thread. read the xbmc faq, thanks in advance.
congrats to the whole team!

so does that mean no bug reporting will be tolerated in the bug discussion forum w/o a bug report on sf?
(jaga @ april 21 2004,17:17 Wrote:congrats to the whole team!

so does that mean no bug reporting will be tolerated in the bug discussion forum w/o a bug report on sf?
well some devs might take a look at the bug forum and you still can use it to verfy a bug if you are not sure if its only you having the problem. but if you are sure that it is a bug and you have detailed infos on how to reproduce you should post it on the sf bugtracker. Smile

(jaga @ april 21 2004,16:17 Wrote:so does that mean no bug reporting will be tolerated in the bug discussion forum w/o a bug report on sf?
not exacly, see the bug discussion forum has never been meant for official "bug reporting", it's 'only' meant for bug discussion.
ex. if you don't know that the problem symtom you are seeing is a bug or not you can first post it in the forum for discussion,
but if you are sure what you are seeing is a bug (and are using latest cvs) then you should submit it on sf if you want it fixed.
please understand that it is very hard to track or monitor bugs using a forum alone which is why bug trackers were invented Image
congrats from a happy customer! good work, guys.
nice!! good effort all
congrats to xbmc team... for all their hard work....
kudos to the team guys, love the cvs build as it is, now with 1.0 its even better. keep up the great work guys and thanks again from a loyal user.
bugs? what bugs :d

no seriously haven't had a bug that wasn't somehow my own doing yet with the cvs builds- well since around the turn of the year anyway

congrats guys!

i take it none of the betas will be made available at the "usual place"? Huh
(nimbles @ april 21 2004,20:18 Wrote:bugs? what bugs :d

no seriously haven't had a bug that wasn't somehow my own doing yet with the cvs builds- well since around the turn of the year anyway

congrats guys!

i take it none of the betas will be made available at the "usual place"?
not by us. we never did and will release any binary.
congratulations on reaching this milestone.

but!...from someone who helped bugfix xbmp, the xbmp "feature freeze" lasted about a week. i hope you have the strength to make it to a bug-minimised release without submitting to temptation and throwing in a few more things with the usual side-effects.

xbmc 1.0 will be just fine with the feature set it has now.

more power to you guys. you will need it.
congratulations, great work fellas

all much appreciated :d :d
wooooot
i was sort of anticipating 1.0 at this time of the year, since one importand date is nearing...

can anyone guess what important event took place on the 29th of may 2003 ?? Image

-munde
i have translated strings.xml to french and uploaded it to sourceforge, please french people check it and help me make it better.

for the xbmc team, good job Wink
could you post a list of the languages already supported and the language files you would like to have ?
Pages: 1 2 3