Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Twonky or Shareport playback issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hope i am within req for this Forum, have tried searching different Forums

Lets me explain
My Daughter Turns 21, next year jan 25
So i have been working on a video, made from old footage we shoot of her (you can see how see looked at 2 years old in my Avatar)
The video and sound clips we shoot of her all use different video and audio codecs, so i converted them to Mp4, using 44Hz and 2.0 audio 16 bit

The Video has gotten very big, and i keep most on my ZyXel NSA325 v2, because its faster then working from my HD
and i have a feeling 1 of them is about to give up.

Video plays perfect in Kodi, no Video drops or Audio "stutter" BUT, since my daughter has no clue what Kodi is "but dad i have no headache so i don't need a Kodi" would be her reply.

I called her boy friend to ask if he could put it on their Nas, so it could be played on the TV in 1080p.
All good, except i tried playing it on my Smart TV via my NSA325 v2 it uses the Twonky Media Server
All i get is unsupported video format, hmm BUT if i use my D-link Dir845L (using it as a switch atm) it plays fine.

So does anyone know what could be up, i tried converting it to mkv, then video plays but no audio.
So if anyone has an idea i would really be great full, because it saves me a LONG trip to her flat, and installing Kodi on her laptop,
She would not mind, but since they are young and i know my daughter, she never reads the EULA and just clicks yes and ticks off any box without seeing what gets installed when she does that.

I would rather not install Kodi on her Laptop, and i have edited all clips so they are to be played on a 1080p (1920x1080) TV
took a while does anyone know what could be up.

To sum up
1. Mp4 plays in Kodi
2. Does not play on TV using its DLNA from my Zyxel NSA325 v2 "Twonky Media Server"
3. Plays from D-link Dir845L "not sure which server it uses could be D-links Shareport thing"
4. Would prefer not to install Kodi on her Laptop, its meant for 1920x1080 TV

I hope i have made my self understandable, and are within the rules for posting in this Forum.
Thank you for reading this to The End, i keept my jokes to a Minimum, to stay within Topic
Thank You.
The manual for the TV should tell you what formats and codecs it supports. Transcode your video accordingly.
@nickr Thank you works now.
Just to sum up
I renamed the old DV clip's name in Windows but when i viewed the files in a "Tag Editor" it had some letters like [what ever]
My old crappy Smart TV does not like those it seems.
When using my NSA325 and my NSA325 does not support transcoding on its own , but my Dir845L does
When i made the Video in Cyberlink Powerdirector "Legal i bought PD some time ago" the final Video still had left over tags
With [what ever]
I converted the final Video to 1080p, using a different program i also own (i edited some of the clips using that program to) then converted it to 1080p 16:9
Big Mistake but to make a long story short i hope, if i use my TV's USB port it play's as it should.

So i will just put it on a USB Stick, saves me the trouble of having the phone ring, and my daughter complaining about this and that
Thank you Nick
Problem Solved